15

Faith was in shock. As Ariana glared down at Burner, she stared at her, and then she started speaking. "You were just there, and then you were not, and he was there, but then you were there, and then..." She continued to say and tried to mimic the scene by using her hands, which looked pretty ridiculous. Ariana took out her phone and messaged Cedar to extract the video from the security control room. She watched Faith out of the corner of her eyes, who seemed to be in awe of her swift moves. Faith was then moving her hands in front of herself and turning a lot. Ariana laughed quietly. Faith stopped and looked at her. She suddenly went quiet, looking around. That's literally so adorable. That was what was going on in both their heads. Ariana read Cedar's reply and shut her phone. "What are we gonna do now though?" Faith asked, gesturing towards the unconscious policeman on the floor. "You don't need to worry about it. I assure you, no one will be able to accuse you." Ariana said. "And what about you?" Faith asked. "What about me?" Ariana said with raised eyebrows. "Won't you get in trouble for this?" Faith asked.

Ariana stared at her. She didn't remember the last time someone had shown even the slightest worry for her other than Cedar. "Don't worry about me. I've faced worse, and I know how to get out of things such as these." She said and left the room, Faith following suit. "Where are you going?" She asked. "To hell." Ariana replied as she continued walking. Faith opened her mouth to say something but then they saw the other officer walking back towards the office and, before he could see them, Ariana grabbed Faith's wrist and pulled her behind a pillar with herself. They stood in front of each other with only a little space between them but Faith didn't look at her. Perhaps Ariana's stare was why she couldn't bring herself to. When he had passed, nearing the office door, Ariana said, "Go, run to your room, don't let anyone know anything, if the headmaster asks, tell him that Burner told you to remain outside till his talk with me had ended. Don't let anyone else spot you near here either. Go." Ariana added the last part more forcefully when Faith tried to protest. Faith sighed and nodded an they both left the pillar to go in different directions at the same time.

Ariana ran up to the fifth floor where Cedar was using his skills to help her once again, inside the security control room. There were CCTV cameras inside the office, in the chemistry lab, and outside the buildings, inside the boundary walls. She watched Cedar work his magic on the computers, deleting the cctv footage so that no proof remains. "You, sir, are a ray of sunshine." She said, pointing a fake pizza slice at him when his work was done. He looked at her. "Did you just quote Percy Jackson? He asked. "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't." She said mysteriously. "Nah, I'm pretty sure you did." He said. "Yeah. I did. Sue me." She said. "You're such a fangirl." He said, shaking his head. Ariana rolled her eyes.

Be sure to vote and comment 💕