Kudo Shinichi (Detective Conan)

"This is my last heist," the masked girl said, her smile wide and playful.

"Wait... what!?" the high school detective, Shinichi Kudo, said in surprise.

"This is my last heist."

Shinichi stood there dumbfounded as he stared at the thief standing at the edge of the building. "I haven't caught you yet, you can't quit." He was confused by this news and of the feelings churning in his stomach.

Her smile lost its playfulness, only showing her sadness. "I have to, something happened and I can't ignore it. I will miss playing with you though."

"Guess I'll have to catch you for sure tonight." He was about to run towards her when she spoke.

"Cotton candy ice cream," the girl laughed.

Confused by the sudden words, Shinichi stumbled before he could chase her. "What-"

The girl leaned backwards, a large grin on her face, "See you around, Kudo-san!"

Shinichi ran to the edge to find that she disappeared.

***A WEEK LATER***

Shinichi has gone to every nearby ice cream shop he could think of, checking to see if they have cotton candy ice cream and staying to see if anyone matching (Thief Name)'s looks that he could see without her identity. She didn't show up to any of the ice cream places.

He was currently out shopping for groceries. He stopped in his tracks as he passed the ice cream isle, deciding to go down and grab some. He was looking at the vanilla and chocolate when two doors down opened.

He glanced at the (h/c) haired girl, meeting her (e/c) eyes.

She smiled, a familiar playfulness hidden behind it. She held up a container of ice cream, reveling the flavor as cotton candy. Shinichi's brows creased in thought as the girl said, "Out of everything here, cotton candy ice cream is my favorite."

His eyes widened for a moment before he smiled back, "Is it really that good?"

She nodded, reaching her hand out for him to shake. "My name's (L/N) (F/N)."

He shook her hand, "Kudo Shinichi. You'll have to let me try the flavor sometime."

"How about today?"

They made their way to the checkout and went somewhere to eat the ice cream.

So I had wrote this... a few years ago and never got around to posting it. Read it today (8/12/21) and thought it was cute so I figured, "hey, I'll share this with others," so here you go! Lol