Late Night Out

Chapter 10; Late Night Out

Once I was all dry, including my hair I had hoped out of my the bathroom, in my PJs. Colby, Sam, and Kat were all talking and laughing. I came out brushing my hair and walked over to the mirror, breathing in the fresh air.

I turned on my phone and saw some messages from Aaron, telling me goodnight and to let him know if I need him, he'll be there. That made me smile, I replied back with the same thing. I walked over to the bed that Colby was sitting on, assuming that it was our bed considering the couple was snuggling up with each other on the other bed.

"What side?"

I turn my head to Colby fast, chewing on my lower lip. "Hm? Oh, um, left." I tell him and he nodded. I walked over to my side, closing the curtains on my way, Colby had turned off the lights. I had plugged my charger in and plugged my phone in, I looked at the screensaver I had. It was the one of me, Corey, and Aaron when we were younger.

We all sat on the ground, well, I sat on the ground pouting, Corey was kneeling and Aaron was standing with his arms spread out. Those little boys that I knew still hadn't changed and I can't believe where I am today. I'm so thankful for Aaron, he's been one of my biggest supporters for the longest time.

The happy couple were already sleeping now, all cuddled into each other. It was cute, I admit. I brushed some hair behind my ear, tucking it neatly as I climbed in, leaving my phone behind on the table beside me.

I crawl in bed, basically hugging my pillow as I turned around, facing away from Colby. I let out an exhale, not feeling that tired. I'm still buzzing about my song, I need to finish a couple more versus and then I'm finished. I can't wait until the morning.

I still have many ideas for the versus, but I didn't want to wake up the others. That would be unfair. "You okay?" I heard Colby asked, I turned around and faced him. He was facing me, concerned.

"Oh, yeah... I mean, I just have these ideas for the next few verses, then I'll be done with the son that I was writing in the car." I whisper softly to him, "Eyes Wide Open."

"Did you want to go downstairs and finish it, I'll come with you if you want." Colby offered kindly, my eyes light up with excitement.

"Really?" I asked, smiling lightly.

"Yeah,"

"Okay, let me get ready," I then fling the covers off of me and I walked over to my suitcase, I had got out some comfy fat-pants and I plain white top. I went to the bathroom and changed quickly, and I put my shoes on when I exited the room. "Ready, are you?" Colby nodded and I grabbed the key card, smiling. "Running competition to the elevator?" I could see it right now actually, and I cast Colby a grin.

"Bring it on." Colby said as he shuts his door, he was changed, too. I had also grabbed my book and my phone. "Three-" I left already, letting out a quick laugh and I was already at the elevator, tapping on the button repeatedly. I giggled with excitement seeing him run towards me, breathlessly, he came over to me. "You cheated!"

"Oh, I'm sorry," I fake pout as I pressed my back against the elevator, he then stepped dangerously close to me, smirking. "You wanna go?" I challenged, raising an eyebrow. I step back making sure my feet were pressed against the elevator door.

Colby then cupped my jawline in his hands, smirking and stepped forward. Our bodies were almost touching against each other, until the elevator door had opened, letting out a huge 'ding' and I let out a squeal falling to the ground with Colby Brock tumbling after me, I was now laughing.

"Hey," Colby joked making me giggle and I realized that we were the only ones in the elevator, there were people exiting.

"Are we gonna get up?" I asked, smiling and I notice the elevator doors were closing and our legs were in in the way of the door closing. Colby just smiled at me. "Okay, Colbs, up you get." He groaned playfully, and jumped up on his feet and I sat up, pulling my legs towards me. He then held out his hand, offering it to me. I took it and I made sure I didn't fly into him this time, which I successfully did and I stepped back as soon as I had gotten up on my feet. "Thanks,"

"Anytime," Colby said, smiling at me. The doors close and he had pressed the lobby level. "So, wanna share the ideas you have for your new song?"

"Yeah, sure..." I flipped opened the book and opened to Eyes Wide Open. "I just need to finish it, too, I have like three more veres." I wasted no time.
"I keep my eyes wide open
Bless this ground, unbroken
I'm about to make my way
Heaven help me keep my faith
And my eyes wide open, yeahAll I have is just this moment
And I don't want to miss a second
Cause it could all be gone in an instant
Yeah, in an instant..."

"Wow, you are so talented." Colby compliments making me smile.

"Thanks," I said. We finally entered the lobby and there was a little seating spot and we took it before anyone else could. I fall back into the couch and brought out my pen, scribbling down the ideas I had before I got here. I smiled, feeling really deep with this song.
I keep my eyes wide open Bless this ground, unbroken
I'm about to make my way
Heaven help me keep my faith
And my eyes wide openI'm about to make my way
Heaven help me keep my faith
My eyes wide openKeep my eyes wide open.

That took about five minutes to write down as I already had come up with it a few minutes ago. I looked up at Colby and I had closed my book, smiling. "You done, already?" He asked.

"Yup," I popped the 'p'. "I have something to tell you, it's about my career. What I want to do for the rest of my life, I've already told Kat this because she was just... there." "Okay, go ahead, I'm listening." I smiled at that, leaning forward slightly and intertwining my hands together. "Okay. I love to sing, basically. So, when I'm writing these songs, I love it, I'm so deep into these songs and when I sing them; they're so meaningful to me. I'm the only one that knows the real meaning behind them, but I kind of want to take a step further and be a professional singer. It's been a lifelong dream, and now that I'm actually here... in L.A, I think I can make it come true. I've also been thinking of a music video, for one of them. Maybe Eyes Wide Open, maybe Thumbs, We'll be The Stars. I just want a camera and a huge field... yes, I've already got this planned out and..." I trailed off, thinking of how I'll do this music video.

"That sounds amazing, Pais." Colby smiled. "I'll help you do when you get back, if you want."

"Really?"

"Yeah, everyone will." Colby reassured me. I smiled some more and we started to talk some more, about anything and everything. "Hey, let's do something. Anything. Let's be wild."

"Hm," I paused. "Let's be wild? What type of wild things would we do around Vegas?"

"Hm," Colby mocked. "I mean, first we'll get food because the food is essential, then... walk around Vegas? We could go to some arcade games, clubs, anything."

"I like the sound of arcades, we could go to an indoor roller coaster park! I heard they had somewhere hidden in Vegas." I suggested. "Or, mini golfing, there's this glow in the dark one... yes, I've done my research on Vegas. I've also heard this Adventuredome at Circus Circus."

"Sounds fun," Colby agreed and stood up. "Good thing I brought my wallet." I smiled, I brought my wallet along, too.

"Let's go and have a fun night then."