Deal

Chapter 62; Deal

I heard a small knock, expecting it to be Colby, I let him in. My hand was on the handle and I open the door, grinning, but then it dropped and Aaron was there.

"Well hello to you to," Aaron sarcastically said and rolled his eyes.

"Sorry, I thought you were someone else." I mutter and step aside, letting him in.

"Well, I have some good news and I have some bad news." Aaron started, clapping his hands. I frown and he walked in, closing the door. "Actually, it's straight up bad news. Sorry, bud. Um, so Mum wants us home for Christmas. Like... in three days."

"Three days?!" I yell. "No! I still haven't forgiven her about not telling me her and Dad got a divorce, I'm not going."

"She figured you'd say that, but she wants to apologise and spend more time with you." Aaron said and I glare at him.

"You're taking her side?" I hiss. "In case you've forgotten, she didn't tell you either until like three days after I did."

"I know," Aaron stated. "But I've forgiven her, you're just stubborn."

"You forgave her?" I mutter. "Aaron, I can't go."

"Who else are you going to spend Christmas with?" Aaron demands, crossing his arms.

"I'll stay here!" I concluded. "Yeah, I don't need anyone with me on Christmas. I'll have a Christmas movie marathon, by myself."

"Paisley," Aaron said sternly. "You're being stubborn, again. You have to go."

"Mum and I don't get along, Aaron." I stress. "She hasn't been interested in me for 22 years, what's the point in starting now?"

"Don't say that." Aaron snapped.

"Shut up, Aaron. You don't know shit! You left me in that house alone for two years!" I shout angrily.

"I said I was sorry!" Aaron cried out, getting frustrated.

"That doesn't change the fact that you didn't even ask me to go with you!" I yell, clenching my fists.

"You wanted to come with me?" Aaron asked softly, frowning. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"I didn't say anything because I didn't think you wanted to me to come," I bite back a laugh. "Oh, my god, just leave, Aaron. Leave like you did two years ago!"

Pain was written on his face, and a little bit of regret. "Paisley-"

"Aaron," I warn, glaring at him. I chew on the bottom of my lip. He did as he was told and left, slamming the door making me flinch. I let out a sigh, the heavy weight that was once on my shoulders were now gone.

I walked over to my bed and I let myself fall. I sighed and closed my eyes, sinking into my bed. I would rather stay at Dad's than at
Mum's, she's always treated me like I was nothing, but Dad, I had a better relationship with him.

That's when I heard a knock on my door and I groaned but the door swings open anyways, revealing Colby. I sat up a little and he closed the door.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked in a soft and calm voice, walking towards me. "I heard shouting."

"Great," I mutter as he sits next to me and wraps an arm around me, pulling me into his chest. I wrapped my arms around him, too. "How many people heard?"

"Anyone who walked in this house..." Colby awkwardly trailed off and I cringed.

"I'm sorry," I whisper. "I didn't mean to get into argument... I just don't want to see my Mum in three days. I prefer to see my Dad, actually," I couldn't excatly forgive my Dad either, he didn't even tell me about it. Mum had to tell me.

"Why don't you just go see her, Paisley?" Colby asked me softly.

"Are you taking Aaron's side?" I asked, biting on my lip.

"No, I'm not taking anyone's side," Colby says calmly, I sighed. "What if I made a deal with you, okay?" I looked up at him, waiting for him to continue. "If you go to see your Mum, and if you're not happy, or if something happens, I'll fly you out to Kansas so you can spend Christmas with Sam and I's families. How does that sound?"

I looked down. That sounds like a good plan. Because something most like will end up happening. "So... if I'm not happy, or if something happens to make me want to scream and run away, I get to come to Kansas?" I asked softly.

"Yes," Colby agreed. I smiled at little and looked up at him and nodded. "Okay," he whisper and we sealed the deal with a kiss, it lasts for a few seconds. I loved these kisses. He pulled away before giving me at least ten small kisses and I let out a small laugh, hugging into him some more.