3 AM

Chapter 41; 3 AM

At 3.am, I was interrupted by a phone call. I groaned, rolling over to find my phone. I found it, where I had left it charging. I looked at the caller ID and I saw that Mum was calling me. Why would she call me at 3.am?

I answered it. "Mum, do you have any idea what time it is right now?"

"5 am, darling." She answers and I rolled my eyes.

"It's 3.am, Mum. Did you even stop to think that I would still be sleeping?" I asked, kind of annoyed. "What could you possibly want at 5.am?"

"I need to tell you something, something that might change our lives forever," Mum says sadly, making me breathe slightly heavier. "I've already told Aaron this, I haven't exactly gotten a reaction out of him yet, but you might..."

"What is it?" I asked quickly and I heard her sigh over the phone, panic in my voice. "No one died, have they?"

"No, but my relationship with your father did die..." Mum gently told me making my heart stop, I think. "Paisley, we got a divorce." I stayed quote for the longest time, my eyes swimming in tears.

"Is this a joke?" My voice cracks, my parents aren't even married anymore... and yet they've only decided to tell me this now. "How long ago was this?"

"A month or so," she says casually. I never was close with my parents, but them saying this really hurt my heart making me gasp.

"You tell me now?" My voice still cracks and tears stream down my face, I was sobbing uncontrollably now, hugging my knees, rocking myself back and forward. "When did you tell Aaron?"

"Um, a few days ago." Mum says.

"What am I going to do now? Mum? I don't have a home to go to in a few months! Who am I going to live with?!" I demand another sob let out my lips as I tried to quickly wipe the tears away from my face.

"We already agreed that you'd stay with your father." Mum says. "But you're welcome to stay with me anytime."

"I don't know if I want to stay with either of you." I say, brutally honest. I don't even want to know why they divorced. I gulped thickly, a lump forming in my throat. I then quickly hung up before she could say anything and I cried, they've basically been lying to me about their relationship for a month. I thought everything was them.

Clearly, I'm wrong.

I felt betrayed if anything. My parents were supposed to be honest and could tell me anything especially if they're getting a divorce. But no, leave it to Mum to tell they aren't together anymore. The rest of that night, I didn't get any sleep. I stayed up way past my bedtime and I doubt anyone would be up right now. I could hear random creeks and footsteps and such but I ignored it. I laid there, staring up at the roof.

A/N this was so dramatic, I'm so sorry