What A Bird Can Hide (Dick Grayson)

Keys~

H/N ~ Hero Name

Y/N~ Your Name

Requested by ~

Dick's P.O.V

H/N has been on the team for a few months now. She's been really good for the whole team! Since she's been her both Conner and Kaldur have been talking more, which is a really good thing! She's way more hyper then Wally so it's mellowed him out and cut down the fighting between Artemis and him. Y/N is also telling Megan everything about being a normal teenager and is taking her out to do stuff, which makes Megan really happy.

As for what she's done for me... lets just say she makes my heart race. But if the Bat know is still felt that way he'd kill me! He says its to dangerous to have a girlfriend, superhero or not. So H/N and me aren't a thing... sadly...

Tonight Bruce is having another one of his charity balls so, here I am dressed up, hiding in the corner. After an hour or so Bruce breaks away from the party and stands next to me. I don't notice him till he fake coughs.

I break my gaze from where H/N is dancing as Y/N, with some of the guys from school. "You know, if you really wanted to rub it in that I can't date her.." I say nodding towards Y/N "...you should have invited Wally! He would have been all over her with his pet names and making sure no one but himself dances with her! Especially now that Artemis and him broke up!" I noticed how bratty it sounded but I don't care.

Bruce sighs and then begins to speak. "Tell her..."

Snapping my eyes away from her, I look up at him. "What?"

"Tell her! Tell her you like her." He says shrugging and walks back into the party like he told me to throw away the garbage and not to tell Y/N my bigger secret. Gathering enough courage, I set my drink down and walk over to her.

Your P.O.V

Bruce invited me to his ball thing today. I gladly went hoping I would get Robin's, or as the world knows him, Dick's attention. I may or may not have a crush on him and I may or may not have over heard Wally and him talking one day. But I told Bruce I know and that it was all my fault so he wouldn't get mad at Rob or Wally.

At the party I annoyingly got trapped in a circle of guys that go to school with me. Carter, the lead jock, spins me around as the rest of the boys watch.

Glancing towards Dick, see Bruce talking to him. Please don't tell him I know! Then I at least have a chance with him as Robin! I think to myself. Bruce walks away and Carter spins me back to face him and way from Dick.

Dick's P.O.V.

I'm so close to Y/N and Carter that if I wanted, I could reach out and touch her. I go to wrap my arms around her waist when I'm pulled back. Turning around, I'm met with Alex's face. Her make-up is so bad that it makes the Joker look normal.

"Come dance with me Dick!" She says in her high pitched voice as she drags me away from Y/N. Ripping my arm away from her, I walk away with her on my tail. When I find Y/N she's in Carter's arms, smiling. He leans towards her and I turn around, not wanting to see him kiss the girl I love.

When I turn, Alex locks her lips with mine, causing everything goes quite - literally!
I hear a scream of pain and turn around to see Y/N with tears in her eyes. I instantly realize she's the one that screamed. I start walking towards her but she turns around and runs out of the room. I stand frozen in my spot as everything starts up again.

Your P.O.V

I notice Carter looking behind me annoyed. I turn around in time to see Dick slip through the crowd after Alex. Turning me around, Carter pulls me close. I smile up at him so I don't cry.

He starts leaning towards me for a kiss but I turn my head so he kisses my cheek. When I turn I see Dick kissing Alex. Carter lets go of me as everything goes quite. I try to study my breath but it doesn't work. Instead, I let out a scream that cuts through the silence like a knife.

Tears start rolling down my face as Dick turns around. He starts walking towards me and at first fear has me frozen. But then panic takes over and I run. I run out of the ballroom, through the manor and out the front door. 

The only people that know about my feelings for Dick are Bruce and my cousin. I don't have any siblings so my cousin takes the job as my overprotective 'brother'. I scroll through my contacts till I get to the one that says World's Best Cousin. I push call and he picks up on the first ring. My voice cracks as I say, "Hey Wally...."

Author's Note:

Hey guys! I hope you like it! And I'm sorry it took so long to get out! My tablet isn't working well so it's harder to write! But hey! Fam is letting me use the computer at the moment so yay! And I want to thank harleyQuinngurl1312 for all the requests! You're awesome girly! Till next chapter! ~Juuzou1307