My Son (Damian Wayne)

Notes~
• TRIGGER WARNING; Rape is apart of this story line
• Reader-Son! X Damian Wayne
• Word Count: 2030

Summary:
Damian takes you out for an important date without explaining why it's so important. All day, ideas bang around in your head what could be so important about it. By the end of the day you land on one idea - your son - who you might have forget to mention to Damian.

Keys~
F/C: Favorite Colors
H/C: Hair Color
F/F: Favorite Flower
Y/N: Your Name
-------------------------
Your P.O.V.
Tap, tap, tap.
Tap, tap, tap.
Tap, tap, tap.
The gentle sound of my sore heels fills the room as I pace back and forth. Butterflies flap around in my nervous stomach like they usually do when I wait for Damian to pick me up. Unusually, bats are mixed with them.
The itchy fabric of my F/C sparkly dress slides against my rosy skin causing me to shift it so it feels a bit better. Damian insists I rightfully deserve the most elegant dresses possible seeing how according to him I'm his queen to his king, which I don't see at all. Of course, I bicker with him over how much he pampers me especially right before the special dates we take once a month. I adore fancy dresses but I don't know how all those famous people willingly suffer from itchy and tight material. I love these dates because I get a needed break from all the stress. It probably cost him a lot, though. Or, it cost Bruce a lot of money. It's crazy how much he treats me like a queen. Just this morning Damian came over and dropped off the new dress and a list of appointments he set up for me. Of course, I didn't go to all of them because Anemone needed me.
He also told me this was an important date which slightly freaks me out because he didn't tell me why it was significant, though. Of course, instantly my mind runs over all the terrible things that it could be about. On top of the list is that Damian found out my secret. We both went into this relationship with secrets; I merely haven't told mine yet.
I had a plan to tell him about Anemone - my two-year-old son. I had set up a date to meet him in the park, which he was able to make it too. We were sitting on a park bench where there weren't many people. I was about to tell him when he cut me off. He started telling me about his family secret, about what he does every night and why he's had to cancel plans. I didn't know what to do. I barely knew if I still wanted him around my child and me after that. For a while, I tried staying away from him, but that didn't work for long. I was going to tell him about Anemone once I decided what to do. Now that I know his family is detectives it wouldn't be surprising that he found out before I could tell him.
That situation plays out in my head over and over, getting me even more worked up than before. When someone knocks on the door, I jump a foot into the air. I patter down the hallway and make sure to check myself out in the mirror. I put my H/C hair back into place so everything looks perfect again. Perfect as Damian's life is. Perfect like Damian thinks I am.
I straighten the rough material of my dress before opening the door. Standing on the other side is Damian in one of his fancy black tuxedo with a bouquet of F/F in his hand. He looks me up and down before handing me the flowers, which I take. "Thank you," I mumble, stepping to the side so he can come in.
"You're welcome," He mumbles as he steps into the house. I turn as I smell the lovely scent of the flowers. I start the walk towards the kitchen with Damian following behind me. Once we get into the room, I open the cabinet and try to reach for a vase. It's on the top shelf which I can't reach but I try to anyway. Usually, I use the stepping stool, but I don't want to take the chance of falling because of my high heels. "We have something important to talk about tonight" The words spill out from Damian just as I manage to wrap my fingertips around the vase. Before I can stop it the vase starts falling. What he said has me so startled that I wasn't ready to catch it like I was a few seconds before. Instead of it landing in my hands like it is suppose to - it falls to the counter and the glass vase shatters.
I stare at the broken glass for a moment as Damian looks over me curiously. I take in a quiet breath before turning towards my lover with a smile. "Okay, Dami! Do you mind waiting a few extra minutes, so I can clean up the mess?"
Damian kisses my cheek before telling me his answer, "I don't mind, Beloved." The words sting and the kiss burns on my skin but I try my best not to let him notice.
As soon as he's out of the room, I start swiping and picking up the broken pieces. The whole time his words roll around in my head. We have something important to talk about tonight. The words send shivers down my spine and causes me to want to hide away in my room and curl up safely with Anemone in my arms.
I grab another vase from the shelf, this time catching it when I pull it out of the cabinet. I cut the stems short and do my best to cut off the thorns as well. I put the flowers into the water and put it far enough back on the counter that Anem shouldn't be able to reach them.
Once again I fix myself before walking out to the living room. "I'm sorry I needed to-"
"It's fine" Damian's words cut me off and kind of upset me. He isn't usually this quite or rude. Well, he is going to question me about my child, so he gets to be upset. "Ready to go?" He asks, offering his arm to me.
"Yes Dear," I answer back, wrapping my arms around him and letting him lead me to the car. He opens the door and I kiss his cheek as a thank you before sliding in. Unlike usual he says nothing and just shuts the door. My eyes slide over the car before landing on the driver. "Hello, Alfred!" I say kindly to the elderly man in the driver's seat.
"Hello Miss Y/N," He says back with a little nod and a soft smile that calms me down a little.
Once Damian is in the car Alfred starts driving. I look out the window and start spacing out till there's a squeeze on my thigh. "Hm?" I hum, looking at Damian who has his normal frown on his face.
He laces out fingers together before saying "We're at the restaurant, Beloved." I nod and slide out of the car after Damian is out. He places his hand on the small of my back and steers me to the restaurant door. Like a gentleman, he opens the door and I say a small thanks. With each step, my nerves get worse.
The only thing normal about tonight is the empty restaurant. Damian hasn't even dropped hints about our relationship to the media yet. He says he wants to keep me out of it till me and him are ready to deal with that and his family agrees. I don't mind it at all either. I've had my fair share of the media for the rest of my life. Actually, now that I think of it that might be where Damian found out about everything. Of course, the news jumped on my story because very few women in Gotham open up and tell the police about their..... Problems.
By the time we've gotten to the table, I'm shaking like crazy. Damian helps me into the booth before sitting next to me. "Beloved?" Damian's voice comes out hoarse, a sign he was out last night on patrol, which isn't good. On top of his patrolling, we had school today since it's Friday and that means he's probably annoyed. "I have something important we need to talk about."
"I have a son!" The words come out before I can stop them.
Damian looks at me blankly as the words roll around in his head again and again. It takes a few minutes for them to finally click in his head. "Since.... Since when?" He questions, his green eyesstone cold as he stares at me.
My eyes are locked on the basket of breadsticks as I mumble "Since two years ago...." I grab one of the breadsticks and start tearing it into little pieces and letting them fall to the tabletop.
Damian is silent for a while before mumbling "How?"
I stop tearing apart the food and top the end against the table a few times. The silence weighs heavier and heavier the more I put off answering. "Walking home alone in Gotham isn't safe - especially for a girl."
I glance at my boyfriend. This time his eyes are soft when they look at me but there's a hint of anger behind that. "Who?" I hum as I look up at him puzzled. "Who...who ra.... Who raped.... you?" For the first time in forever, I hear Damian stumble over his words.
"Don't say that word," I mumble, looking back down at the pile of crumbs. "I hate that word." When he said it, the stinging came back. The stinging I got every time someone says that word.
His rough hands wrap around mine and slowly lifts them up to his lips. His lips slide over my knuckles going back and forth over both hands. He does this for a while before gently setting them down on my lap. "I'm sorry you had to go through that, Beloved."
"It's not your fault," I tell him with a small smile.
He hums and kisses my cheek before lacing out fingers together. "Do I get to meet him?"
"Who?" I question him, looking him up and down - taking in everything. His hair is the normal sexy mess on the top of his head, his longer strands covering his emerald eyes. His clothes are perfect, and his lips are thin white lines from him piercing them together.
"Your child," Damian answers back, his face becoming a taste of anger and love mixed together in a very confusing way.
"You don't have to meet him yet, Dami! You just recently found ou-"
Damian cuts me off with a kiss before saying "I want to meet your son. After all, I'm assuming he's a big part of your life. You're a big part of mine so it's only right if he's a big part of my life as well." The words catch me off as a surprise, causing me to have no response ready. I sit there wide mouthed like a fish which causes Damian to look worried. "Only if you want that, Beloved," He adds on afterward.
I nod slowly before forcing words out of my mouth. "I'd like that."
He smiles a little and laces out fingers together. "Now, we need to talk about-"
"Wait!" I shout, once again tonight blindsided. "Didn't we just talk about what we needed to? About my son, Anemone? Isn't that what this huge thing was about? Because you used your Son of Batman skills or whatever?"
Damian blinks at me before saying "No, I was going to ask you whether you're ready to be open about our relationship with the media yet or not."
I sit there wide mouth, again, and unable to believe what he just said. "You have to be kidding me!"
"Why would I be kidding you, Beloved?" Damian questions as he holds my hand again.
I shake my head and intertwined our fingers with a sigh. "I was just stressed over this all day."
Damian frowns and kisses my cheek before saying "You having a child doesn't mean I love you any less," He ends his sentence with a soft kiss to my lips. Even with how small it is, all my stress melts away and once again Damian makes me feel safe and loved.