Suprise? (Bart Allen)

Keys~

Y/N~ Your Name

Slanted words~ Thoughts

B/N~ Brother's Name

Requested by~ None

Your P.O.V.

I sit on the swing set at the school's playground, swinging slowly. I glance down at my watch. Bart is now forty-five minutes late. Great! After another twenty minutes he shows up and sits on the swing next to me. "What's your excuse this time, Allen?" I say looking down at me feet. Bart is usually ten or so minutes late but recently he's been way later and has blown me off a few times too, with some stupid excuse. He always tells me he's sorry and that it won't happen again. It's not like I should care anyway, I'm not his girlfriend or anything. I'm just the first person that talked to him at school. Just the person that convinced him to sign up for track and ever since track season he's had girls chasing after him. I'm just the person that's there to him, no buggy!

He nervously laughs and then tells me his lie. "Barry and Iris needed help." Or so he says. I look up at him and I can tell he's lying......again. How lovely of him.

"So you either forgot or you were to busy with some girl from the cheer leading squad." I say not caring how it made me sound or if it hurt him. I feel the tears forming and I try my hardest to hold them back. Thank God it works.

"No! Y/N no!" He yells at me like I'm the one lying here. I look at him and see the anger and hurt on his face. For a split second I feel bad but that's replaced with sadness.

"Well you're lying and if it's not because of one of those reason then I don't know why you are!" I yell back at him, now mad and annoyed with him.

"Let me make it up to you!" He begs me. I give it a thought but then notice what time it is.

"I got to get home Bart!" I say hiding my little bit of joy with annoyance.

"I'll take you out for dinner tomorrow night!" He says with one of his stupid smiles. My heart flutters with joy. Just the idea of going on a date with him brings me joy. But my head shots all that down, reminding me that we're just friends. Why would he want to date me? He could have any girl school so, why would he choose me?

"Fine." I say getting up and starting to walk home. Bart walks me to my door and then leaves for his place.

Bart's P.O.V.

I cheek the time as I walk up to Y/N. After the last mission Nightwing kept us all late for medical cheeks. 'Just in case' he said. It seems lately that he makes me late on purpose. Today I'm an hour late to hang with Y/N. I most make her feel bad with how late I always am and the times she gives up waiting and says I 'blow her off'. Which I guess it does seem that way to her. When I get to the park I make a bee line for her and the swings. I sit next to her and she says "What's your excuse this time, Allen?" I can tell she's mad by the way she says it. Great! Now she's use to me being super late and using excuses. Great! I'm such a great friend!

I nervously chuckle and come up with a quick lie. "Barry and Iris needed help." I'm such a great lair! She looks up at me and I can tell she sees right through my lie. Even better!

"So you either forgot or were to busy with some girl from the cheer leading squad." She says. That hits me hard and I don't even try to hide it. And now she's starting to believe all the rumors at school too! Even better! I should tell her I'm Kid Flash, but I can't..... I should tell her I like her at least.... But that would put her in even more danger!

I snap out of my thoughts and say "No! Y/N No!" I fail to hide how hurt and angry I am that she believes all those people. Regret flickers through her eyes but is quickly replaced with sadness. Great! Now I'm causing her to be sad! That's defiantly how you get the girl Bart!

"Well you're lying and if it's not because of one of those reason then I don't know why you are!" She fights back. Only if I could tell her!

"Let me make it up to you!" I've said that to her so many times I expect her to finally turn me down this time. I can tell she's thinking about but then something distracts her.

"I got to get home Bart!" She says annoyed with me again

"I'll take you out for dinner tomorrow night!" I say smiling at her.

She gets up and says "Fine." She starts she starts heading towards her house and I go with her all the way to her door. Once she says good night and closes the door, I race for the mountain. Excitement explodes in my chest as I think about going on a date with Y/N, even if we are just friends.

*Next Day*

Your P.O.V

About an hour ago my older brother left for work, leaving me at home alone. I cheek the clock to see what time it is. I start crying as I realize Bart's three hours late and isn't going to show up. I climb up my stairs to my room. When I get there I change out of my fancy cloths and slip into my pj's.

I call B/N to let him know what's happening. He asks his boss for the rest of the day off and brings home ice cream. We use the rest of the night as a pity party. We pig out on the ice cream and watch cheesy romance movies all night. Around eleven that night I go off to bed. As I lay down another shower of tears pour out of my eyes. I slip off to sleep, finally hating Bart.....

Bart's P.O.V.

'An hour tops' Nightwing said before sending me off on a mission I didn't want to go on! Finally five hours later the team and me make it back to the Mountain. When I step into the mountain I race past everyone that isn't Nightwing. When i find him I grab him and push him against the wall.

"One hour you said! One hour and we'd be back! One hour and then I could take Y/N out! One hour till I could try and fix everything with her! One hour till I could stop hurting her! And now she's going to hate me! YOU SAID ONE HOUR!" I yell at him. "You fucking lair!" I say finally putting him down again.

"Calm down Bart! You can talk to her tomorrow!" He says walking away. I race out of the mountain with screams after me, people wondering where I'm going and when I'll be back. I reach Y/N's house and quickly climb up the tree outside her window. I open her window and slip in quietly. I see her sleeping peacefully on her bed. I walk over to her bed and sit on it next to her sleeping form.

I can see the tear streaks left on her face from when she was awake. I made her cry....... I snap out of it and gently shake her awake. She opens her eyes and goes to scream but I cover her mouth before she can. "Calm down! It's me! Kid Flash! I'm a good guy! Now, if you want scream I'll uncover your mouth, okay?" I ask her in a whisper. She calms down and then shakes her head yes. I slowly move my hand away from her as she sits up.

She wipes away the dried tears and asks "So, what's Kid Flash doing in my room? Shouldn't you be like saving your girlfriend or the world or something?" I gather up all my courage and kick out my nervous long enough to pull her into a kiss. She doesn't kiss back so I let her go and pull back. Before I get to far she grabs onto me and pulls me back to her in a kiss. I eagerly kiss her back wanting this since I've known her. When we pull back a cute pink color dusts her cheeks and I can't help but smile.

We sit in silents till I pull off my mask. She looks at me surprised as I shyly smile at her. "So I don't know what the protocol for revealing your secret identity is so, hi? Surprise?" She slaps me and then pulls me in for another kiss. "What was that for?" I ask when we pull apart again.

"I slapped you for not telling me sooner and taking forever to kiss me and the kiss was for how awesome you are!" She says smiling at me. I smile back at her and explain everything to her. She forgives me and makes me reschedule an real date with her.

"So... does this mine you're my girlfriend now?" She kisses me lazily and shakes her head yes. She slips off to sleep. I do the same thing with my last thought being I guess it was a good thing that I was late this time......