First or Sixteenth (Conner Kent)

Keys~
Y/N~ Your Name

Requested By~ None

Note~ Conner isn't going to be like his normal self in this one shot cause, like, I suck at writing stories with minimum dialogue. I like dialogue if you haven't noticed, so Conner's more talkative then he is in the show. So sorry, but you gonna to have to deal with it!

Your P.O.V.

I walk into the mountain, a huge smile plastered on my face. In a few days it'll be Superboy's - or Conner's - birthday. We don't really know when his real birthday is so we just celebrate it on the day the boys and me found him.

Robin, Wally, Kaldur and me, along with Roy before he quite, were the original team. So I was there when he was found. "Conner!" I shout when I enter the living room. His eyes flicker towards me and then to the box in my hands.

"What's that?" Wally asks pointing to the box.

"These..." I say shaking the box. "...are invitations!" I look through a few drawers for a pen and finally find one.

"What's an invitation?" Megan questions.

I smile at her and answer. "An invitation is a folded piece of paper you give people. On the paper is information about a party you want the person to go to."

"Why are we having a party?" Conner says in his deep, smooth voice. i sit there and stare at him. I finally snap myself out of my trance when I realize he asked a question.

"We're having a party for your birthday of course!" I say walking over to him. He nods his head a little and I sink to the floor. He slowly migrates over to where I am and joins me on the floor.

Artemis walks in and says bye to everyone before leaving with Wally for their date. Megan leaves for a day out with her Uncle so it's just Conner and me. Robin's with Batman for the day and Kaldur is visiting Atlantis for a few days. So I do a little happy dance in my head as we start working in the invites.

*Time Skip*

I let out a few giggles at a funny story he tells me about Wally. He's almost mute when everyone is around. But when it's just us he's very talkative. "What kind of decorations do you want?" I ask him once I catch my breath again.

"Why do we need decorations?" He asks curiously. I laugh softly to myself and he raises his eyebrows in confusion. "What's so funny?" He asks, worried he said something wrong.

"Nothing!" I say hiding away the rest of my giggles. Call me mean but I think it's cute that he doesn't know everything about the world. Call me weird to if you want but it's cute!!! "We need decorations for your party! You're suppose to decorate when you throw a party to make it more fun and pretty and such! I just don't know if you want to celebrate it as your first birthday or your sixteenth..." I trail off in thought.

We ponder over this for a while till he comes up with an answer. "First" He says snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I ask.

"I want to celebrate it as my first birthday." He answers me.

A smile spreads on my face with excitement. "Okay! Well go shopping a day or two before your birthday and get everything, okay?" I ask. He nods his head as all emotion washes away from his face. I'm about to ask whats wrong when Half the team walks in. 'Back to mute Conner' I think to myself. I get up and walk out to start delivering the envelopes to everyone.

*Time Skip*

"Y/N?" Conner asks as we walk into the store.

"Hmm?" I hum out. I shuffle through the money Batman gave us for the party and stuff everyone needs at the mountain, counting it in my head.

"Why is cake on your shopping list? Did Wally ask for it?" He questions.

"No, not this time!" I say with a little laugh. "We need cake for your party." I tell him, grabbing a cart.

"But why?" He continues.

"It's a tradition to eat cake after you blow out your candles and after we finish the song." I answer, probably giving him more questions. I turn down the party isle and Conner fallows close behind.

"Why do you sing? What do you sing?" He questions farther. I pick up two packs of party hats and throw them in the cart, ignoring his question. I care about him, I might even love him, but some times I get annoyed with all his questions. Most of them time I find it cute but this isn't one of those times. "Y/N?" Did you hear me?" He pushes.

"Yes I did." I answer adding more decorations to the basket. I let out a sigh and answer his questions. "You sing as like a count down to blowing out the candles and everyone but the birthday person sings the birthday song. Now blue or red?" I ask holding up ballon packs.

"Both? And what's the birthday song?" I put both packs in and quickly song him the song. We shop for a while till we almost have everything. The cart overflows it's party supplies and stuff people need at the mountain. We turn down the baking isle and stop in front of the candles and frosting.

"Okay so choice a pack of candles and a candle in a one shape." I instruct him. He picks them out and adds them to the pile of stuff.

"What is the-"

"-point of candles?" I ask, cutting him off. He nods his head yes at me and I answer my own question. "After the song you blow out the candles and make a wish. But you can't tell anyone your wish or it doesn't come true!" He nods his head, now understanding.

"The last thing on your list is a present." He tells me.

"I'll get that later." I say heading to the check out area.

"Why can't you get it now?" He questions me. I roll my eyes at his lack of knowledge that I refuse to let him know I find cute most days.

"Do you know what a present is?" I ask him back. He shakes his head no. "Of course not!" I say jokingly as I find a short lane. "A present is like a surprise. It's something you want that someone puts in a box or a bag and then wraps it up."

He looks at me for a few minutes till he speaks up. "You can't wrap up what I want." He tells me. I look at him confused to what he wants.

"What exactly do you want?" He shrugs his shoulders and gives me one of his rare smiles. "Where can I get it?" I try again.

We step forward and he answers. "You don't have to get it - you already have it." He tells me. I look at him even more confused. He laughs at me and looks away. I think about what he said for awhile. He turns back towards me, blushing. "Can I have my present now?" He asks, blushing a darker red color.

"I didn't get you anything yet but if you see something you like y-" I'm cut off by Conner kissing me. I kiss him back. He pulls away and a blush spreads on my face too.

"I like my present...." He says obviously with a smile on his face.

"So, you want mind if I give you another one?" I say pulling him towards me again. Our lips me and I smile into the kiss. It might not be my birthday but it sure as hell feels like it......