Chapter Thirty-Five

Harry Styles

"Your promise?" Niall said knotting his eyebrow as we entered Julia's room.

"Yeah, from the first day Julia came as you she always say 'whatever' and rolls her eyes, she kinda somehow got me doing it too, a couple of times, yesterday I think she decided that 'Whatever' will be our, Okay." I shrugged, Niall hummed but he didn't reply me at all, I looked at him assuring, "What's wrong Niall?"

"Nothing." He said, "Nothing at all." He said avoiding my gaze, He's looking at nowhere to be specific.

"That doesn't seem like nothing for me," I said, "does that have anything to do with Julia?"

Why did I ask that, I didn't want to ask that, I shouldn't have asked that, I don't want to know, that.

"Not really," He said, "I mean not the way you think it is," He said, "I mean I don't have anything towards her, till now at least."

"Not that I would mind if you do."

Am I being honest with Niall saying that, am I being honest with myself, do I really not care if Niall has feelings to Julia or not, to be honest I'm not even close, I know I have something towards Julia, and I know that that thing is not what any random two friends have, even if they were a boy and girl.

"I don't believe me, till now it's not 'a' feeling," He said assuring, I nodded, his words didn't convince me, but I can't insist on knowing, I'm not ready to hear that just yet, but if Niall have feelings towards Julia, I'll just let go of her to him, because he would be better for her than me, I know she prefers him on me anyways -I mean he's her favorite in the band after all, and I'd rather be friends with her than nothing at all, and I prefer Niall to be happy with her than me, I know that in anyways she'd always be happier with him.

We just sat silent for a moment, and I got lost in her, I looked at Niall, I'm looking at her, I'm seeing her, when I liked her, I liked her for her personality, for what she did, I didn't know what she looked like, and now I'm looking at her, and she's beautiful, she's more than beautiful, to me and to everybody.

Niall talked, I wasn't really listening, I just looked at her lips moving, I wonder how feeling them feels like, I wonder if she was herself right now, I've met her for about a month now, maybe in a day like today I would've asked her out, we would have gone to Paris if she really wanted, and we would have had our first kiss together in front of Eiffel as she dreamed, and I would have felt her soft lips, what am I even thinking of, why am I so lost right now, I can't just fall in love with her in one month.

"Earth to Harry, do you hear me?" Niall mocked interrupting my thoughts.

"Sorry, mate what where you saying?"

"What do you think they're talking about down there?"

"I don't know," I shrugged, "But I don't think we should eardrop because she would catch us and you know what would happen next."

"Agreed."

Julia Brooke

"What was that?"

"What?"

"You and Harry, what was that?" Pattie asked grinning; I looked at her furrowing my eyebrow, I don't know why do I always get asked the same question.

"That's our normal, we've been like this since day one, it's weird but it became normal to both of us after a while." I said casually, shrugging.

"No, what Pattie meant was that there's definitely something going between both of you."

"Natalie thought that too, weird."

"You're friendship or whatever it is, is weird." Pattie said.

"I already said the exact same thing about ten minutes ago." I mocked.

"And I thought I heard it somewhere before," she chuckled, but went serious a moment later, "But seriously there's something more going on."

"I already almost discussed that with him before, and he said that I'm Niall and he wouldn't think of me that way, and I was okay with that, and yeah, we're only best friends, nothing more than that." I said it, now I have to believe it myself, I hope he really doesn't so I won't happen to hurt him in the future, neither do I wish the same thing from Niall, I prefer to live alone then to break someone's heart.

"Hey, you, you forgot to tell me about the Andy thing, and Niall almost got in trouble for that." I glared at Samantha, "And don't tell me you forgot because I know you didn't."

She looked at me then at Pattie, Pattie nodded at her to talk, she just sighed, "I didn't forget," She muttered causing me to knot my eyebrow, "I didn't want to tell you because," she paused, "because,"

"Because she believes that Niall has something towards you, or Harry, so it better come out from Niall then from herself."

"Now again, what?" I furrowed my eyebrows and smirked, "So now, Harry Styles and Niall Horan have feelings toward Julia Brooke, aye?"

"Don't under appreciate yourself like that Julia." Pattie said, "You are beautiful, inside and out, and either of them would be lucky enough to have you."

"Niall can't just love me like this," I protested, "if he at least likes me, he likes me for my look, and that shall go after a while, when he knows me, my personality." I said, "And he once described me as just a fan, so,"

"And what if he loves you more after knowing you," Samantha said, "And if you're talking like that how possible did you just say that Harry doesn't like you just because you're Niall, he then would like your soul."

"It's just complicated guys, you wouldn't understand," I scoffed, "And for now, please pray that neither of them has actually anything toward me because I don't want to let anybody down, or break anybody's heart."

"Why don't you give love a chance."

"Because I can't, because I can't just do it, because I get afraid, and you know that I do, and I don't want to do something that I would regret later." I said, "I don't want to believe one of them has something for me when neither of them do and just get heartbroken knowing he was just being nice, and I" I paused for a moment, "Please stop talking or arguing about that, just please try not to put these in my mind."

"Whatever you say, but convince yourself with that, before try convincing us." Samantha shrugged, I just didn't reply., I really have to believe that, I'm just Niall, Harry's best friend, and Julia, Niall's huge fan, and his friend at some point too, but nothing more than that for now, and nothing more than that for, ever.

"Can we find something else to talk about, please?" I sighed.

"Yeah, about our school," Pattie started, "Everybody knows that you hang out with One Direction, and you're rumored to be dating either Niall or Harry right now."

"What the fuck."

"I kno-" I got up so she stopped talking, I signed for her to complete talking as I walked on my tip toes toward the door, and without any warning, I opened it and caught both of Niall and Harry from their shirts.

"I told you I would catch you."

"How did you even know?"

"Niall's feets, mine, you'll find the cracking for some reason, and I can hear that, but that's only one way, even if he found a way to stop them, I'd still catch both of you."

"Ugh."

"Didn't I warn you to come here?"

"Well it's boring upstairs," Harry said, "I thought about taking Niall out, but your mum already doesn't have the brightest impression about me,"

"I think me and the girls already finished the part we had to talk about so we wouldn't mind some company, right girls?" I said, looking at Samantha and Pattie, they nodded.

"Yeah."

"For sure."

"Come in guys." I said, they looked at me assuring it was not a prank, then they sighed and entered after me, being bored makes you agree with anything anyways, right