From wrong to right

Where the hell is he? I've been waiting here for nearly half an hour. I get a text on my phone and I automatically know that it's him.

You really thought I would go on a date with you? See you at school loser.

See you at school. Great. I am yet again the joke of the school. 'Let's grab coffee', he said. What a load of crap. Why do I always fall for it every single time. A nice guy comes up to me, talks to me and wants to get coffee, only for the person to cancel? This is a new low, even for the people at my school.

I sigh and reach down into my bag to take out my notebook and pen. The good thing about making a 'date' at your go to coffee and writing place is that I can get right into writing my story. I will not let that jerk ruin my day.

I'm about half way through a page in my story when I see a person approach me.

"I'm sorry, am I able to sit here?" I look up and holy mother of dragons. Green eyes stare down at me, which is attached to the most attractive person I have ever seen. But this automatically puts me on high guard. I do not want to be put down again like that jerk.

"Yeah, sure." I find myself saying anyway. Gosh that was stupid. He sits down across from me and I catch myself staring at him. He really does have nice blue eyes. And that smile, I can feel my heart racing already at that kind smile. I quickly put my notebook and pen into my bag and am ready to leave when he catches my hand. 

"Wait, I'm sorry if I freaked you out for some reason." I look at him as he holds my gaze with pleading eyes. I shake my head at him, hoping he gets the message as my voice doesn't seem to be working for me. No, you didn't freak me out. I freaked myself out.  "I'm Ben." He says in a soft voice and I sit back down in my seat, placing my bag beside me.

"Y/N" I manage to say. 

"I'm sorry for coming over here like this. I've actually been coming to this coffee shop for weeks now and I've noticed you sitting here, writing, every time. I just wanted to get to know you." 

"You've noticed me here?" I say in surprise and I feel my cheeks heating up.

"Yeah." He says with a small laugh. "Can I buy you a coffee?" I immediately start smiling, and my heart warms at this.

"Yeah, I'd like that." Some people may not have good intentions when asking you out, but sometimes they do. I really hope Ben here has good intentions, so I'll see where this takes me.