Stop trying to set me up! Part 2

Something is tickling my nose. What the hell is tickling my nose? I slowly open my eyes to be face to face with my kitten, his nose just inches away from mine, scaring me awake.

"Really Freddie? Why are you waking me up at..." I look to the side where my clock stands, reading 9:26. "Holy shit, Freddie. I'm going to be late!" I quickly move Freddie off of my chest before springing off my bed to race around my room. I told Ben I would meet up with him for coffee at 10, but it takes me 20 minutes to even get to the coffee place.

And now what do I even wear? It's hot, so it's going to have to be something light. It's silly, I never used to care about what I wear, but now for Ben, yeah, I definitely care. A red skater dress? Cute, but too fancy for coffee. Skirt and graphic t-shirt? It's too windy outside, and I don't want to accidentally flash everyone. Looks like it's graphic t-shirt and shorts. Casual yet cute will have to do. I turn around and realize that in my rush, I have thrown clothes all around my room, with Freddie poking his head out of a pile of them.

"Sorry Freddie. Your also going to have to wait until I get home before I feed you. But there are biscuits there. Love you Freddie!" I race out of my bedroom to brush my hair and teeth before I race downstairs to grab my bag before heading out the door.

I race down the street, heart speeding a mile a minute and I finally make it to the coffee shop where Ben is waiting patiently in the booth. I quickly order myself a coffee before heading towards him.

"I'm so sorry I'm late." I sigh, dropping into the seat opposite him. "I wish I had an awesome excuse like I was saving lives or something, but I just slept in. My cat was the only reason why I woke up."

"Relax, Y/N. Your not late." He laughs and I look at him in surprise.

"I'm not?" I look up at the clock. "A minute to spare, how 'bout that." I laugh.

"Do you really rely on your cat to wake you up?"

"No, I usually wake up on my own. I was just tired is all."

"Did I tire you out last night?" Ben raises his eyebrows at me.

"Oh yeah, all that winning can really tire you out. Not that you would know or anything." I smirk at him as he pretends to be hurt before we both burst out laughing. The barrister approaches us and places my coffee in front of me. I give her a little thank you before she leaves again.

I'm mid sip of my coffee when Ben starts saying; "I actually wanted to ask you a question." I hum in response. "What made you go on the date with me? Y/F/N rung me up last night, mainly wanting to know how it went because she couldn't reach you, but she also told me about the past dates that she set you up on, and what they did. Why did you trust me enough to go on a date with me when you didn't know me?"

"To be honest, I had pepper spray hidden in my bag, just in case." This makes Ben laugh and once again get to see the adorable crinkle in his eyes. I'll never get tired of seeing that, I swear. "Also she told me I needed to get out more and meet real people instead of fantasizing about fake ones." I roll my eyes.

"What do you mean by real people and fake ones?"

"'Real people' who are not from any of the books I read or the shows and films I watch. But I see nothing wrong with fantasizing about characters..." I trail off. Why did I just say that? You really embarrassed yourself now, Y/N.

"There is nothing wrong with that. Especially when, a lot of the time, their easier to understand than real people." I look up at him in shock.

"Exactly. You understand. Why do you understand?" I haven't met any man who is able to understand this. This is all new to me.

"I'm, in a way, the same as you, except I want to pretend to be other people for a living."

"So you want to be an actor?" I ask, leaning forward in my seat, intrigued.

"Yeah, there is something about acting that has always thrilled me. I actually have an audition in a couple of days for the show East Enders." I gape at him.

"That is awesome. You have to tell me how that goes, and if you need any help, I'll be happy to help you." He smiles at me.

"Thank you." Could this guy be any more perfect?

"You seem like you want in life and you aren't afraid to go after it with everything . With all your energy. I like that." It's silent for a moment.

"I go after what I want, huh?" He leans forward and presses his lips against mine in a small but passionate kiss, making me close my eyes. When he pulls away, I refuse to open my eyes, hoping it isn't a dream. Knowing my luck, it is a dream. I only open them when he speaks again; "I hope it's okay, but I want you. To be my girlfriend." He quickly adds the last sentence, slightly shaking his head and I smile widely at him.

"I'd love to be your girlfriend." Thank you Y/F/N for getting this one right.