Realizations

Y/O/F/N - Your other friend's name.

"Y/N, are you coming with us bowling tonight?" Y/F/N shouts at me over the tables in the cafeteria as I move my way towards them.

"I can't" I say, putting my tray down on the table beside Y/F/N and I sit down with the rest of the group. "I had already promised Ben I'd study with him tonight."

"Really, Y/N? Again?" Y/O/F/N says, sighing.

"What do you mean again? This is the first time I'm studying with him this week, and you know I can't break my promises either."

"Yeah, but you study with him every week." Y/F/N says with a smirk and she leans closer to me. "Just get with him already. Have sex with him if you have to. Just let it out."

"Y/F/N, you know I don't like him like that."

"Ah ha. Sure you don't." I can just feel the sarcasm radiating from her, but I don't like him like that. He's just a friend to me, right?

**********************

Ben and I are in my room, on my bed studying and doing our homework together like we do every week. So everything should be normal, right? Exactly how they were before? Nope. I can't get what Y/F/N said out of my head, so now I am hyper aware of everything about him.

Am I too close to him? With the way I'm lying down, am I showing too much cleavage? I don't want him to get the wrong idea. You know what? I'll just sit up with my legs crossed. That's my safest option. I try and move into a sitting position without disturbing Ben, which is easier said than done as he looks up at me with an inquisitive expression.

"You alright there?" He asks eyebrows raised and I give him a smile.

"Yeah, my arms were just falling asleep is all." He nods, accepting my answer before we both go back to our work. Or, I try to go back to my work, but I seem to be reading the same lines over and over again, unable to concentrate at all. Stupid Y/F/N and her putting ideas into my head. All I can think about is Ben, now.

I plan to just quickly glance up at him, but my eyes have a different idea all together as instead they decide to stare at him, studying him. Staring at how beautiful he is, if a guy can be called beautiful. Well, he is anyway.

I'm looking at the way the sun streams on his hair, giving him highlights and making it look so soft that I want to reach out and run my hands through it. I notice the way his eyes are so green. They may change the shade of green to reflect his emotions, but right now they're so green they're almost blinding but mesmerizing at the same time. I've seen the way he bites his bottom lip when he's concentrating or how he furrows his eyebrows when he doesn't understand something.

All of these things that he does, all of these little things, I've noticed before. Only now, I've noticed myself noticing him.

I guess I have always looked forward to our study sessions, not because I can finally finish the work I needed to do, but because it's my chance at spending time alone with Ben. When we're together, I've always felt so comfortable and calm in a way that I haven't experienced with anyone else.

"Seriously Y/N, what's up with you? Your acting weird." He says, snapping me out of my daze and all I can think with new revelation is; I'm in love with you. "What?" He asks, making me freeze.

"What? Did I say that out loud?"

"That your in love with me? Yeah. You kinda yelled it actually."

Shit.

"Did you mean it? Do you love me?" He's furrowing his eyebrows. Oh-gosh, he's so cute. But did I mean it?

"Yeah, I did. I do." I look down at my lap, avoiding his eyes. "I think I have for a while now, but have only just realized it." It's silent for a while so I risk a look up at Ben.

"Good." He says before crashing his lips against mine. It takes me a bit to respond because of the shock, but when I do, the kiss becomes deeper, more passionate before Ben breaks away.

"I've been wanting to do that for a while now."

"Then why didn't you do that sooner?"

"Because, Y/N, you are a person who has to work things out herself otherwise you freak out when something big happens. I didn't want you to freak out with this. Why do you think I spent all that time studying with you?"

"Because I'm great company?" I ask with a smile.

"That, and, if you haven't worked it out already, I love you too."