Letters to the Past

Dear Ben,

I know you haven't written back to me the last three times that I have written to you, and I understand due to you being an actor and all. But I just miss talking to you, Ben. You are still a significant part of my life and I care about you. You're my best friend, so please write back to me.

I heard you got a girlfriend. That's cool. I'm glad you found someone to care for and who will care for you in return. What is she like? You have to at least tell me how you met.

I got a new job. I am now the receptionist at the Summers Hotel. Yeah, it's not as grand as what your job is, but it pays the bills and everyone has to start somewhere.

Anyway, I really want to know how you are getting on and know that you are okay. As I said before, I miss you and I love you.

Love, Y/N xxx

******************

Dear Ben,

Congratulations on getting your part on the upcoming X-Men film. I'll be looking forward to watching it and telling everyone in the movie theater 'that's my best friend', even though they won't believe me.

I know you haven't replied to my previous letters, but I know you are reading them, or at the very least receiving them. They haven't been returned to me yet, so that's how I know. I don't know why you're not replying to me, Ben. It better be a bloody good reason. We have so much history together, that I just can't forget about you and let you go. I really hope you're okay, because it's not like you to just suddenly stop talking to anyone without a good reason.

I hope everything is going well with you and your girl. From the sounds of it, you're still together which I'm taking as a good sign. I've also met someone. His name is Daniel Fisher. I don't know what to tell you about him, but I will say that he's been really good to me and we're really happy together.

Of course, I'd be even happier if you would write back. I miss you.

Love, Y/N xxx

*****************

Dear Ben,

Will this letter contain information for you to finally get back in contact with me? You promised that when you left to pursue your acting career, you would keep in contact with me. Especially through letters because you knew how much I loved receiving them.

I'm moving in with Daniel. We got an apartment in London which is perfect for us. Not too big or too small and it's really comfortable. We also got a cat who we called Freddie due to our mutual love for the lead singer of the band Queen. He's a very mischievous cat though, he gets into just about everything. I definitely have to keep an eye on him.

I'm now also the owner and manager of Summers Hotel. It's definitely a lot of work, but I'm loving it.

Please write back to me and tell me how you are. I don't know how much longer I can take it. I miss you.

From, Y/N.

*********************

Dear Ben,

This is the last letter I'll ever be writing to you, You haven't replied at all and it's really breaking me. So, after this letter, I need to leave you behind.

I'm getting married, to Daniel. He proposed to me in that restaurant you and I went to all the time when you were still here. It was so sweet, but of course being there reminded me of you. I still said yes, because I really do love him. We're having the wedding in the spring in my parent's back yard, so you'll know how beautiful it'll be there.

I hope everything goes well for you for the future. Good-bye, Ben. You'll always be my best friend.

From, Y/N.

*******************

Dear Y/N,

I don't know how many times I will have to say I'm sorry for you to forgive me. I will do it forever if I have to. I thought it was you who wasn't writing to me, but as it turns out, my girlfriend who is now my ex-girlfriend, hoarded all of your letters and kept them away from me. I don't know how she did it, and I'm sorry. But I know that was no excuse for me not writing to you. I should have still done it, I know.

I'm glad everything has been going well for you and that you've been accomplishing your dreams, but please, you can not marry Daniel. I know him and he's a dangerous guy. I don't want him to hurt you like he's hurt others. He has a reputation for going after girls and then gaining everything they once had, money and success, before leaving. I don't want him to take anything away from you.

But just in case this letter doesn't arrive to you on time, since it's nearly the middle of spring, I'm flying back home to you. You don't deserve to get hurt and I don't want you to get hurt. I'll see you soon.

I love you,

Ben.