Will you stay? - Roger Taylor

Another day on tour equals another hotel to stay in. One thing I don't like about tours, everything's all go go go and you barely have any time to yourself. But at least no one day is the same, especially being the assistant to the band Queen, which also means that it's never boring either. One day, Freddie and Brian are bitching at one another about the lyrics for an upcoming song, the next Roger is throwing a television out the window or locking himself in the cupboard until the band agrees to put his hilarious song on the B side of the album, or even when John smashes his bass just because he could.

Yeah, that last one just happened last night and guess who has to fill out all the paper work for this stuff? So, yeah, I hardly get anytime to myself to just relax and unwind, but then again, where would I be without my boys? Life would be so dull and boring, that's for sure. But tonight I am going to curl up in the chair by the window in my night clothes and fluffy socks, with a book and a big glass of wine. 

That is, until I hear a knock at the door. Crap. If I just stand still and pretend to not be here, will whoever it is will eventually leave?

"Y/N, I know your in there. You can't pretend like your not, not with me." I hear Roger's muffled voice through the door. Of course it's the one person I can't bullshit. He honestly knows me so well that I can hide nearly nothing from him. It sucks, but at the same time, it's also good. I open the door to see a smiling Roger, but his smile doesn't reach his eyes. A tell tale sign that something isn't right, that something heavy is playing on his mind. "Can I come in?" He asks with a sheepish smile.

"Of course." I step aside, letting him in before I shut the door. "Do you want some wine? I was just about to pour some for myself."

"Yeah, that would be great." Roger sits down on the edge of my bed with a heavy sigh as I pour us each a glass of wine. When I turn around I see his head in his hands, his fingers running through his hair and pulling at the strands. 

Trying to lighten the mood as I sit down beside him, I say the first thing that comes to mind; "You know, I really thought you would be with a groupie right now." I hand him his glass of wine which he downs it all in one go. Woah, I should have brought the whole bottle over. 

"I didn't feel like it tonight." He says in a sad voice and I hand him my glass of wine, which he also downs appreciatively before setting the glasses aside. "I actually haven't been up for it for the last couple of weeks." 

"So I've noticed." My eyebrows furrow as I become increasingly worried about Roger's attitude. "Is everything okay?"

"I'm just tired."

"Tired how?" He stays silent, looking down at his lap, so I lay a hand on his shoulder . But as soon as I do this, Roger breaks out in tears. Oh-my-gosh, I internally panic, I just broke Roger. What do I do?

Comfort him, you idiot.

I immediately wrap my arms around him and he rests his head on my chest, hugging me back tightly, almost desperately. We stay like this for half and hour until Roger stops crying and pulls away from me.

"I'm sorry, you must think I'm pathetic for coming to you like this." He says in a small, gruff voice, refusing to look at me.

"Hey, Rog, I don't think that about you at all." I say in a kind voice, making him look up at me. "It's okay if you don't want to talk about what's got you so down, but just so you know, I am here for you, not matter what, and I won't judge you." He sighs and falls back against the bed.

"I can't do this anymore, Y/N." I wait for him to carry on, so I lie down next to him, on my side so I am facing him, but he doesn't say anything else.

"Can't do what?"

"Sleep around with all those girls. Girls who don't want to get to know me for me. Girls who just sleep with me just so they can say they have slept with Roger Taylor. Girls who always leave in the morning before I even wake up and never stays. When being on tour and never staying in the same place for more than 24 hours, do you know how lonely that is?" Listening to Roger talk, the familiar feeling of loneliness grips my heart, tugging at it.

"Yeah, I know what that feels like." Roger turns his head to look at me as understanding flows through us.

"I just want someone to ask questions about me, have a conversation and actually take an interest, you know? But mostly, I really just want someone to stay."

"I'll stay."

"You'll stay with me? You'll stay with me tonight?" He asks, hopefully.

"I'm not going to sleep with you, but yes, I will stay with you. I 'll always stay with you." For the first time tonight, Roger smiles brightly at me, wrapping his arms around my waist to bring me closer to him. 

"What would I do without you?" He mumbles into the crook of my neck.

"Exactly what I would do without you. Not a lot."