Freddie's Feisty Friend - Roger Taylor

Warning: Language and may be triggering to some as there is fighting.

"Hey Freddie." I say from behind the bar. "Good luck with tonight. Is there anything I could do for you or your band mates?" I ask. Tonight's the first night Freddie will be performing in front of a crowd with the band. I haven't heard them perform yet, or even met the other members in the band, but I have heard Freddie sing and he is amazing. I also know this gig means a lot to him.

"Are we allowed drinks with us on stage?"

"Yeah, I'll have drinks ready for you guys up there before you go on and give you guys another one half way through the show. Just give me the order and I'll have it done."

"Thanks, darling. Can I ask for one more favor? Keep an eye on Mary would you? I don't trust some of the people here and I know you're very good at fighting when you have to." He says with an amused smirk. It was that one time, and I was defending Freddie. Five against one is never fair.

"Of course. Break a leg, and I don't mean that literally." I say as he walks away with a big smile on his face. I'm so proud of him.

After serving a few more customers, I quickly pour some drinks and place them on the stage before I weave my way back through the growing crowd and behind the bar. Thankfully I also avoided any of the handsy men. There usually is a few that come here on a Friday night. That's one of the worst things about this job, having to deal with them.

"Y/N, how's it going for you tonight?" Mary asks, coming up to me with a wide smile, and I pour her her usual drink.

"It's pretty busy, but nothing I can't handle. Are you excited to hear the band perform?"

"Definitely. You know, I heard the other guys in the band are single. You might hit it off with one of them. Say, maybe Roger?" Who's Roger? And really? Again? This girl has been trying to set me up with someone from the band since she met them.

"Doubt it." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Anyway, they're about to go on, so I better find a good place in the crowd."

"Okay, if you need anything, I'll be back here. Also, you know the signal if you're in trouble." Knowing what happens to some girls around here, I've managed to come up with a signal for the girls if they're in trouble, just so we could try and prevent anything from happening. It's something that only they know. I just wish more bars would do this.

Soon the band is up and playing 'Keep Yourself Alive', which is taking a lot of my energy to focus on my job instead of dancing to the music. They're really good, apart from a small mishap with the microphone stand, it's all going really well and I can't help but notice the drummer. I wouldn't mind him drumming me anytime. Okay, I have no idea where that came from and I need a distraction, I need to check on Mary.

I look over to Mary to see a man sneaking up behind her. I look up at Freddie and make my decision, so I move quickly. When I half way there, he places his hands on her hips and she struggles. "Get your hands off me." She says but he doesn't listen. When I'm almost there, that's when she gives me the signal.

"Excuse me, she wants you to get your hands off her." I try to say calmly.

"This isn't any of your business, lady." He gruffly says, pushing me away slightly and Mary gives me a pleading look.

"When a woman tells you to get your hands off her, you listen!" I grab his hands and quickly use the leverage I've gained to throw him off of her, even if it is only slightly.

"What the hell, bitch!" He shouts at me and I notice that the band has stopped playing. For some reason, the man takes this opportunity to lunge at me, hitting me square in the jaw. Mother fucker that hurt. He's about to take another hit at me when I use his weight that he's using in the punch to block his attack and drop him to the floor, arm behind his back so he isn't able to move.

"I've got him, Y/N." The security guy, Daniel says, and I let go of the attacker as Daniel takes him away.

"Damn girl, you really know how to fight." I look at the guy who's approaching me. It's the drummer from the band and he looks even hotter standing in front of me. "Are you okay?" He asks, gesturing to my jaw.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Nothing I haven't handled before." I lightly tough my jaw and wince. I need to get ice on this thing. "I am so sorry for ruining your show. Is there anyway you'll be able to carry on?"

"No, but that's okay. They gave us another night tomorrow."

"That's good. How is Mary?" I ask, but more to myself. I look over to Mary who is standing with Freddie and they both turn to look at me. Freddie gives me a smile of gratitude and Mary mouths a thank you, making me know that she is okay. Besides, she's with Freddie. I know he'll take care of her.

"That was the most bad-ass thing I've seen, ever." The guy says to me, bringing my attention back to him. We walk over to the bar and I move behind the counter to put some ice on my face. That feels so much better.

"I'm sorry, I feel incredibly rude. I didn't catch your name."

"Roger." He says with a smile. So this is Roger. Mary may be right.

"Y/N."

"Well, Y/N. Will you be here tomorrow?" He asks with interest.

"Of course. I'm working. Besides, I wouldn't miss a chance to listen to you guys."

"I'll look forward to seeing you again, then."

Me too, Roger.