Coffee and Singing

Another day at work, another day serving the weirdest coffee combinations, ever. But who am I to judge? I also have a weird coffee combination.

Things are starting to slow down a bit after the lunch rush when a familiar group comes in. "Hello boys, what will it be today? The usual?" I ask Rami, Joe, Gwilym and Ben.

"Yeah, that would be great, Y/N." Ben says and I smile at him, immediately getting to work on their coffee's after they pay. They've come here so often that I know exactly what they order. I actually kind of look forward to them coming in during my shifts. They always seem to bring in a bright atmosphere. However, I especially like seeing Ben come in, he's always the nicest one to talk to, no offence to the other guys, and he also always leaves a tip. I don't know why, but he always does.

"How's the day going for you guys? Any gossip?" I ask just to poke a little fun.

"Well, other than Ben and Joe dipping each other and trying to get an apple out of the other's mouth, not a lot." Rami says, with an amused look on his face and I look at Ben and Joe with an inquisitive look, trying not to laugh.

"Don't ask." Ben quickly says, laughing. "What about you? How's your singing coming along with the group?" How did he know about that? I don't think I told him about that, but I must have , so I let it slide.

"Good, actually. We somehow managed to book a gig for this weekend, so we're currently working on that at the moment."

"So you guys are going to be the next Queen?"

"Doubt it, seeing as we're an A Capella group. We're wanting to be more like Pentatonix."

"Good choice." Joe says, making me laugh as I hand over their coffee's and they all nod their thanks. Wow, that was so in sync. Do all guys do the same?

"You never know, you could be like Queen." Ben says, smiling his special smile. "Thank you for the coffee, and good luck with the gig." He leaves a tip in the jar and I smile at them all.

"Thank you, have a good day."

***********

The days seem to be going by slower at the coffee shop as there are hardly any customers coming in, including the four guys, which has been a huge downer. But that doesn't matter right now, because my friends and I are getting ready to do our first ever gig.

I am kind of freaking out a little bit, actually we all are but it's time for us to go and perform. The five of us get onto the stage, my legs shaking and I have to grab hold of the mic on the stand to try and stop the shaking from being too noticeable. They'e just staring at us, wide eyed and expectant, waiting for us to fail or succeed.

When we start singing our cover of 'Telephone' by Lady Gaga and Beyonce, my nerves are in full height, and I'm afraid that it'll show in my singing. There is just so many people here. When we booked this gig, we were told hardly any people come here any more. If this is what the manager thinks is a small crowd, I'd hate to think what he believes is a big crowd. But I have to do good tonight, for the audience

As the night goes on, the energy of the place and my group increases, and my nerves are soon forgotten. This is actually so much fun. The crowd here is great and before I know it, we have finished our last song.

"Thank you so much everyone!" I shout to the crowd as they cheer. "We hope to see you again and good night!" We wave as we walk off stage and I immediately jump into my friend's arms. "That was awesome!" I say into his shoulder before I let go, and jump into the others arms.

"That was amazing, guys." The manager walks up to us, shaking our hands. "I've never seen such a crowd here before. How would you guys like to have a regular gig here, every week?"

"Yes, that would be amazing!" My friend answers enthusiastically. "Thank you so much." The manager walks away after shaking our hands one last time. I seriously can't believe we just scored a regular gig. I look at my group and we instantly get into a group hug, sharing our excitement.

"Congratulations guys! That was an awesome performance." I jump in fright, not expecting anyone to be there and I break out of the group hold to see Gwilym, Rami, Joe and Ben walking up to us. I have no idea who just said that.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask in surprise.

"We had to come and support our favorite coffee maker." Rami says as they all come up and hug me. This is all so new, but incredibly sweet. Rami, Gwilym, and Joe head to the other members of the group and I'm about to join them when Ben grabs my hand to stop me.

"Y/N, you guys really were great tonight." He says, still holding my hand.

"Thank you. And thank you guys for coming. This really means a lot to me."

"Yeah, Ben had this planned for a while now. There was no way he was going to miss this." Gwilym shouts, making it known that they're listening in, but I don't care. I'm talking to Ben.

"You had planned to come for a while?"

"Yeah." Ben says, scratching the back of his head. "I kinda wanted to see you again in a place that wasn't the coffee shop."

"Really? Why?"

"So I could do this." He grabs my face and he kisses me. Best. Night. Ever. And I should probably kiss him back.

"Finally. Now we won't have to listen to Ben talk about how much he wants to make a move on Y/N." Joe yells, making Ben and I split up and look at the group in amusement.

"Are you kidding me?" My friend says. "Now we don't have to listen to Y/N talk about how perfect he is and when the next time she'll get to see him will be." I look at Ben with a wide, joking smile.

"I guess we both wanted the same thing."