Sorry, Not Sorry

"Ben, Y/N here will hopefully be playing your on screen wife." The director said, him and Ben walking up to me, before stopping and turning to face me with a smile. "Y/N. I know that you only signed on as an extra, but I've seen you practicing for your other projects. Would you please consider playing the role of Ben's, or Roger Taylor's wife?" I look at the hopeful smiles of both Ben and the director. Any other girl would jump at the opportunity to play Ben's wife, no matter how small the part actually is. But the thing is, I'm not just any girl.

I'm a girl who's had a huge crush on Ben since I saw him in East Ender's and it's just grown even more since I met him on the set of Bohemian Rhapsody. I don't think I'd be able to hide this crush from him even if I'd tried, and I really don't want to set myself up for another heart break. Been there, done that.

They must have taken my silence as a good sign as the director carries on talking; "Come on, Y/N. It'll be great. No one suits this role more than you do and it pays a bit better than being an extra."

"Sure." I find myself saying. "I'll do it."

"Great, so I'll let wardrobe know so they can get some clothing fitted for you." And with that, the director turns and walks away. Why the hell did I just say yes to this?

"So, your going to be my wife." Right, Ben is still here. I turn to him, plastering on a smile and hope that my heart doesn't burst out of my chest screaming 'I LOVE YOU!'

"Apparently. I don't exactly know why though."

"Because you are the best one for the job." Ben takes my hand and kisses the top of it. "It'll be a pleasure working with you, Y/N" he says before walking away. Yep, this is going to be torture for me.

*********

"And cut! That's a wrap for you today, Y/N. Be back early tomorrow for the 'We Will Rock You' scene." Finally the day is over. Being so close to Ben, him having his arm around me and pretending like we're a couple when we are not has been pure hell. But then again, I also really enjoyed being so close to him. I mainly hate it though because he's not actually mine.

After giving everyone a quick good-bye, I quickly head to the trailor, which I share with the other wives. But it's now conveniently empty. I start to take off my make-up in the mirror when there is a knock on the trailor door.

I get up and open the door to see Ben, dressed fully in his Roger Taylor look, with a big smile on his face.

"Hey, you left pretty quickly back there. You didn't give me time to try and get to know you. Or anyone for that matter." He says, making me feel guilty and I say the first thing that comes to my mind.

"Yeah, about that. I usually get pretty anxious around people and I never know how to talk to them. Or even approach them. Even you. I don't even know how I'm talking to you right now." While that is all very true, what I don't say is that it's also because I have a major crush on him and that I knew I'd do something I'd regret if I stayed any longer.

"Are you sure that's the only reason?" He asks, stepping up the steps and coming closer to me, causing me to freeze. "Can I come in? There's just something I wanted to talk to you about." After finally letting go of the breath I was holding, I move to the side, allowing him to come in and he shuts the door behind him.

I'm suddenly aware just how small this space is just for the two of us, which is weird because I'm used to sharing the space with at least two other girls.

"I'm sorry for leaving so fast. Hopefully I'll be okay tomorrow." I say, just to fill the silence and he nods.

"Don't worry, I understand. I'll introduce you to everyone next time, before we start filming so you can feel more comfortable with everyone." ARG, could this guy be any more perfect and understanding?

"Thank you. I'd really appreciate it. What was it you wanted to tell me?" I ask and he steps closer into my personal space and my breath catches in my throat. Where his eyes always so blue?

"I just really needed to tell you the full reason for why you got this role." I look at him inquisitively, my curious mind practically begging for answers. "The reason the director knew just how good you were at acting was because he saw a video of you acting. A video which I recorded. I just, I saw you practicing your lines for that show your doing, and I thought you were really good and wanted you to be apart of the film, so I showed the director." His voice is slightly quivering in nerves. He did that for me? I don't know whether I should feel flattered or not.

But he continues before I could speculate further; "I really wanted to work with you because I am a fan of your show and your work and I knew he was looking for a wife for me, so I showed him the video. I know I shouldn't have done that, I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry", I interrupt and before I knew exactly what I was doing, I lean forward and kiss him. When I realise what the hell I'm doing, I quickly pull away.
"I am so sorry..." But this time it's him that interrupts me by kissing me on the lips, making me melt into him.

"You shouldn't be sorry, when I'm not."