You're a Film Critic?

I am sorry this has taken so long to publish, but it's finally here! I hope you enjoy this chapter as the next one will be the last. Thank you for your patience and happy reading!

The last premiere of Bohemian Rhapsody and everybody is waiting for me to write a review. And by everybody, I mean my boss and the fans of our articles. But, having just seen the film, I have no idea what these other critics are on about. It was a great film. Sure, there are a couple of inaccuracies, but it's a biopic, not a documentary. It's to be expected in a biopic. It's just like how books are made into film. Not everything is used and some things have to be changed in order for the film to run smoother. Sensing I have a lot of work ahead of me, I head to the bar to grab a drink.

I'm not there for long and yet someone comes up to me and starts talking. "Hey there, how are you doin?" Why does this always happen to me? I'm about to tell the guy to leave me alone but I freeze when I see the familiar green eyes and blonde haired man that I saw on screen not ten minutes ago. "I'm sorry if I'm bothering you, but is this seat taken?" He asks when I didn't answer him before.

"Yeah!" I quickly say, maybe a little too loudly, but then I stutter; "I mean no, the seat's not taken, but you can sit there." He smiles and says a quick thank you before taking a seat closely behind me. "Congratulations on the film, by the way. You all did an amazing job." He smiles warmly at me, making my stomach twist with nerves. There's no denying that he is a very good looking guy.

"Thank you, you're such a sweetheart." I smile back at him. "I'm Ben." He says, holding out his hand to shake.

"I'm Y/N." I reply, and when I place my hand in his, instead of shaking it, he moves it to his lips and kisses the back of it, causing heat to rise to my cheeks. What a gentleman.

"It's lovely to meet you, Y/N." He says in a low voice, before letting go of my hand. He then turns his head and motions to the bartender to order a drink. "So how has your night been? I'm surprised you didn't come here with someone considering how beautiful you are." He said beautiful instead of hot. He's already winning. But as soon as I think this, a new thought pushes it's way into my head, making my stomach drop. I'm a very well known film critic, and I'm about to write an article on his film. This wouldn't be the first time an actor tried to get on my good side to try and get a better review on their film, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is trying to do it. Why can't a guy just ever like me for me and not because of my job.

"My night has been okay. Just having a drink before I head home." I can no longer give an authentic smile and he must have sensed the change in mood as he moves closer and places a comforting hand on my arm.

"Are you okay? Did I say something wrong?" What do I do? What am I even meant to say here? 

"I don't know. It depends."

"What do you mean, it depends?" He asks, confused and taking his hand off my arm.

"Why are you flirting with me?"

"Huh? Wh-why am I flirting w-with you?" He seems to look even more confused and taking his hand off my arm and moving away from me, studying me carefully. I think I might have gotten this situation completely wrong. But I have to stick this out, just to make sure I'm not getting screwed over here.

"Yeah. Are you flirting with me just so your film can get a good review?"

"Good review? What are you talking about?" Just then, Rami Malek passes by, quickly muttering 'she's a film critic,' to Ben before rushing away again. A look of understanding and something close to mortification crosses his face. "You're a film critic?" I sit up straighter in my seat, a new found hope settling into my chest.

"You didn't know I was a film critic?" Maybe there is someone who really wants to get to know me for me.

"Ah, no. I had no idea."

"So, you actually meant everything you said? You think I'm beautiful?"

"Yeah, I mean, how could I not? I've been trying to gain the courage to talk to you all night. My mates just didn't tell me you were a film critic." He scratches the back of his neck awkwardly and I have to laugh. This whole situation is starting to turn out so weird.

"No, I'm sorry for being suspicious. I'm just used to people from the cast and crew flirting with me to try and get a good review for their film. It never works, by the way." I quickly add.

"Well, those guys are idiots." He laughs, once again moving closer to me before pausing to look at me. "Can I have your number? I would love to take you out for dinner tomorrow night to get to know you better."

"Yes, you can have my number..." I begin, handing him over one of my cards with my number on it, which he accepts with a smile. "But I can't go out to dinner with you tomorrow night." He deflates with disappointment, before the confused look returns to his face. "I will, however, be able to go out to dinner with you in a couple of nights, after I have finished writing this review."

"I'm sure I can do that." He says, a handsome smile returning to his face.

"Then its a date."