Neighbors

"Y/N! Get your butt down here now!" I sigh and roll off my bed, following the command of my flatmate and friend, Y/F/N. I was just starting to read my book. I walk into the kitchen to see her racing around, opening and closing cupboard doors here and there before racing around the bench to grab her bag and car keys. "I'm off to work," she says to me in a rush; "but there's a new neighbor who just moved in next door . Give him this cake, would you? And yes, it's store bought."

I only just mutter out a sure before heads out the front door, slamming it behind her. I walk around the counter and grab the container with the store-bought cake, which is actually made to look like she made it and I head out the front door, towards the neighbors. Might as well get this over and done with.

I knock on the door and try to plaster on a smile when the door opens to reveal a tall, blonde haired, green eyed hottie. Wow, he really pulls off that hoodie and jeans look.

"Can I help you?" Right, greetings. I have to do one of those now. I can't just stand here and stare at this model.

"Hi, I'm just here to do the typical neighborly speel. Welcome, I'm Y/N. Here's some cake for you." I hand him over the container and he takes it gratefully with a big smile. "If you ever need anything, I just live next door, so just come and ask." I finish and he leans against the door frame, studying me.

"Are you just saying that to be neighborly, or do you really mean that?" He smirks at me and, Holy God, his voice is so smooth and intense at the same time. Stay cool, Y/N, stay cool. Don't embarrass yourself now.

"No, I really mean that."

"Good." He replies. "Well, I don't need anything right now, but I'll definitely let you know if I do." I smile at him. I really do hope he comes over, just so that I have an excuse to see him again. "And if you and your friend ever need anything, just let me know. I also mean that."

"How did you..."

"I saw her leave before when I was getting the mail, but I don't think she saw me." He interrupts and I nod my head. She most likely didn't with how much of a rush she was in. "I'm Ben, by the way. It was good meeting you, and thank you for the cake." With that, I turn and leave after saying good-bye and he shuts the door behind me. I head back to my house and collapse on my bed with a huge smile on my face. Things may be getting a little more interesting from now on.

**************

"Y/N, there's a hot shirtless guy across from your window." Y/F/N says and instead of sneakily peering out the window like any normal perv would, she stands in full view in front of the window. She could easily get spotted by him and that would be hard to explain away.

"Yeah, that's Ben, our neighbor." I casually say from my bed.

"Wait, you know our super hot, shirtless neighbor?"

"Yeah. You're the one who told me to give him the cake. He's also the one who helped us with our mailbox when it got knocked down."

"Helped us? More like helped you." She says, wagging her eyebrows at me, making me chuckle.

"Not like that, you filthy animal. And get away from the window. He'll catch you staring."

"Okay, but he's not there anymore, anyway." She says as she ungracefully climbs and sits on my bed. Yep, that's my friend. I hear a knock on the door and I move to stand up, struggling a little due to Y/F/N making it difficult. "That might be super sexy neighbor guy." She says excitedly, moving to stand up with me.

"Doubt it. I'll get it, you stay here." I say and quickly race down stairs before she could follow and I open the door. "Ben, hi." He stands in front of me with a smile on his face and (sadly) with a shirt on.

"Hi, Y/N. I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

"Is it the super sexy neighbor guy?" I hear my friend shout from the top of the stairs and I inwardly cringe. Trust her to make things awkward.

"Nope, your not interrupting anything." I say in answer to Ben as I move outside, shutting the door behind me.

"I was hoping I could ask you for a favor." Ben says to me, hands in his jeans pockets and rocking back and forth on his heels. "It might be a big favor so you can say no if you want."

"Sure. What can I do for you?" I ask with a smile.

"Can you go on a date with me tonight? Say, around seven?" I stare at him in shock. Did he really just ask me out? Is this just another one of my fantasies? "Is that a no? I knew I shouldn't..."

"No!" I interrupt, maybe a bit too loudly, so I try again, this time in a quieter voice. "No, I'd love to go out with you tonight." He lets out a sigh of relief and he relaxes his shoulders.

"Great, I'll pick you up then." He says, and he turns around to walk away. I don't go back inside the house until I see him close his door and I am instantly met with an excited, smiling Y/F/N.

"He totally asked you out, didn't he?"

"How did you...."

"I might have been eavesdropping." She turns around and starts dancing up the stairs while singing; "Y/N's got a date, Y/N's got a date."

"Oh-my-gosh., you're such a five-year-old." I laugh.

"Yeah, but you love me anyway."