Others want what I have

FINAL CHAPTER - I hope you all enjoy this extra long chapter!

"Are we all excited to meet the the cast of the new X-Men Apocalypse film?" The crowd roars at this year's comic con and my nerves instantly skyrocket. "I know I am." As the host starts shouting the names of the cast, I feel a hand slip into mine and squeeze reassuringly and I instantly breath out a sigh, relaxing, knowing who's hand it is. I look up thankfully at my boyfriend, Ben. He knows just how much interviews make me nervous and he always seems to know how to calm me, even if it is with a simple touch.

"Playing the upcoming Angel, please welcome, Ben Hardy!" He gives my hand one last squeeze of reassurance before letting go and walking onto the stage, smiling and waving enthusiastically at the crowd. I can instantly hear the girls screaming and fawning over him, making me tense back up. Sure, we are dating. I mean, we have been for a few months now, but nobody knows it except us, our families and close friends. It's mainly been a secret to the public because we didn't want any photographers or fans on us, watching our every move and making up stories about our relationship when we've only just started to get to know one another. I don't want to have that pressure on our relationship, it isn't healthy, not when it's just starting out. 

But also, when I see a fan with Ben, toughing him flirtatiously and batting their eyelashes, I can't help but feel a little bit jealous. It happens constantly, and it's those moments when I wish that they knew that we were together, so that people would back off. Sometimes I even feel like pulling the girls off of him, wrapping myself around him and growling "mine". But, yeah, that may be a bit over the top and possessive. But, I don't want to be a possessive girlfriend, so I try and hide my emotions. I wasn't successful though. Ben found out, but he's been really nice to me about it all. He tries to show his affections in subtle ways in public which means the world to me. It's definitely made me fall in love with him even more than I already have. But, for now, I still have to pretend that we're just friends. At least out in public.

"And last, but not least, a secret character, who we cannot give the identification of, but luckily we can with the actress, Y/N    Y/L/N!" Lets do this! I take a deep breath before I jog out onto the stage, waving and smiling, trying to hide my nerves, but still managing to get a massive cheer in response. This is what I love about my job. Seeing the excitement and joy in everyone's faces when they see your film which I worked so hard to create. It always feels rewarding. Once the cheering starts to die down, I take my seat with everyone else on the large panel.

"So, I know you, the audience, are all excited to ask the cast your questions, but first we have some of our own to ask the cast. James McAvoy..."

The questions start coming and I'm getting more and more nervous sitting there waiting for questions, especially when it was hard not to laugh at what some of the cast replies with. Especially James and his "dome".

"Now, we have a final question for Y/N." I immediately tense, but Ben places his hand on my leg, which calms me enough to hear the question. "Now, I know your a mystery character, but is there anything that you can tell us about her?" 

I take a deep breath before answering. "Well, I guess all I can say is that my character has a very close relationship to another one of these beautiful characters in a way that you might not expect."

"Mmm, cryptic. I like it, but it's also very annoying when you want to know the answers." The interviewer laughs, causing others to follow suit.

"And it's very annoying not being able to give you guys those answers, but I guess you'll just have to wait and find out." When Ben pats my knee, I know I've done a good job answering the question, so I slide my hand over his gratefully.

"Alright, moving on to the part which I'm sure you have all been waiting for. Lets take some questions from the crowd now. How about you in the back." We all look over to see an energetic girl with an X-Men t-shirt and jeans stand up. She's handed a microphone so we can all hear her, which she immediately accepts.

"Hi, I'm Casey and can I say that I think that you are all amazing and I love you all so much." We all say a small thank you, and James even says 'we love you too' before Casey carries on, her face bright red. "So, I have a question for Ben, which is a question which many of us girls are probably wondering, but would you ever consider dating a fan?"

"Ooooh, Ben getting the steamy questions first, huh?" Jennifer teases, making the crowd laugh, but everyone still looks up at him expectantly.

"I mean," Ben starts, slightly hesitating, letting go of my hand to rub his hands together nervously. "If I was ready to start a relationship with someone, yeah, maybe. You never know what the future might bring." His eyes flicker towards me uncertainly.

"So, are you saying that there's a chance that you could date one of us right now?" Casey asks, persistent and ignoring the man who is trying to take the mic away to allow someone else to ask a question.

"No, not right now." He starts wringing his hands together anxiously which throws me off slightly. Ben is never one to show his anxiety. He's usually quite the confident, if not, laid back guy. I place my hand subtly on his leg to let him know I am here for him and I can see him visibly relax a little. Maybe the next question won't be so bad.

"Okay." The presenter says. "Why don't we get a question from someone els-"

"But why not?" The girl interrupts, refusing to let the microphone go. "It's not like you have a girlfriend now, do you?" The microphone is finally taken away from her but the room remains silent, either from eagerness for hearing the answer or from not knowing what to do now. Even Ben is silent, clearly having an internal battle with what to do next, so I try and help him out.

"Whether Ben has a girlfriend or not is no-"

"I do." Ben interrupts, making me stop what I was going to say and I look at him in confusion. What happened to keeping it all a secret?" I, um, I do actually have a girlfriend. We've been dating for a few months now, but have tried to keep it quiet because we were trying to see how our... feelings for one another will develop." I can't take my eyes off of him and I am holding onto every word he says so I don't miss anything. 

"Okay." The presenter says in an awkward tone. "Next question. Please." When another girl is chosen out of the crowd, I force myself to tear my eyes away from Ben to look at the girl instead.

"And?" The girl says. "How do you feel about her?" What is up with these people being so nosy about our love life? But I guess it's just going to be the hot topic of the interview. It also gives me a chance to glue my eyes back onto Ben.

"I love her." He simply says and my breath catches in my throat as I try and comprehend what he just said. Did he just say that he loves her? Loves me? Before I could think of anything else, he turns to me and says;"I love you Y/N   Y/L/N." I can hear a few people gasp, but all I can focus on is him, his words and what I'm going to say next.

"I love you too, Ben Jones." He smiles at me before, in front of everyone, he lovingly and softly presses his lips against mine. As we break apart, smiling at one another, Michael Fassbender says to the crowd;

"It's not a comic con without a storybook romance, is it?"