Save Me

"Y/N, you have new customers at table 9." I nod at Caroline before I quickly grab my notebook and pen and make my way to the table where the man and women are seated, the woman is talking non stop. Sadly, because it's my job and they might complain if I don't do it, I have to interrupt them so I can get their orders.

"Hi, I'm Y/N, I'll be your waitress for this evening. Would you like any drinks before you get your food?" I have to do a double take at the guy. Holy shit, it's Ben Hardy. Stay cool, Y/N, don't become a fan girl.

"Yes, I'll have a..." but he isn't able to fully answer due to his date talking over him.

"Excuse me? That was rude, I was talking here. Did you not get taught to use your manners or something?" Oh gosh, not one of these customers.

"I'm sorry, mam. I'll just get your orders and I'll be out of the way." I say with a smile and Ben looks down with embarrassment.

"He and I will both have a salmon with a salad and hold the dressing, that stuff isn't healthy, no matter what people say."

"So that's two..."

"I'm sorry." Ben interrupts with a kind smile. "Please can I have a burger and fries? I'm allergic to salmon." I'm about to write that down when the girl speaks up again.

"Cut the fries. He'll have salad with that. He's not going to keep the body he has now if he keeps having fries." I see Ben frown at the girl and I immediately feel bad for him, but I also wonder why he's not speaking up. I shake my head and write down the order anyway;

1 x Salmon w/ salad no dressing.
1 x burger w/ fries.

"Is that all?"

"Can I please also have a scotch, double?" Ben asks and I have to try and hold my laugh.

"Okay, I'll get these orders right away for you." I walk back to the counter where Caroline is and I start making the drinks with a sigh.

"Ah oh, that's not a good sigh."

"The girl is a bitch and he doesn't deserve it. He's super nice." I complain as I put the scotch on a tray, as well as a vodka shot. "Can you take the vodka shot out of my pay?"

"Sure, but first you need to tell me how she is being a bitch. I need my daily dose of drama, Y/N." I laugh as I turn to her.

"She called me rude, saying nobody taught me any manners. She ordered all the food for the guy, basically telling him he'll get fat if he has the fries, like it's something terrible, and she doesn't know how to shut up. I only heard the guy say one sentence and that was to me, to order food." Wow, it never felt so good to rant.

"By the looks of it, she's still going at it." Caroline says making me look towards the table and sure enough, she is still talking, quite loudly too. "Oh look, she's having a bathroom break. Maybe now his ears will get a little break." I can see Ben running his hands through his hair and down his face in stress.

"Looks like he doesn't really like her either." I leave from behind the counter and approach the table with the drinks.

"Here's the double scotch and a shot of vodka."

"I'm sorry, I didn't order the vodka." He says, stress hidden behind his eyes.

"I know, it's on the house." Ben sighs with relief and quickly downs the shot.

"Thank you, I really needed that." He says, smiling up at me. It's a really nice smile too. "I'm sorry about Erica and the way she's been treating you. It's not right."

"No, it's fine." I say, picking up the empty shot glass. "I hope I'm not overstepping my boundaries here, but how did you end up on a date with her? It's just, you're so nice and she's so..."

"Not?" He laughs. "Yeah, I have my mum to thank for this. My mum is trying to get on the good side with her dad for this business deal, and that's where I come in with a date. I can't make a single wrong move, or she'll have my head." So that's why he didn't really speak up for himself. "Either that, or she's just desperate for grandchildren." He and I both burst out laughing and Erica comes back in and sits down, flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"Please excuse me, your order should be ready."

"Then just go get it." The girl snaps as I walk away back to Caroline, rolling my eyes. Caroline hands me over their order.

"I thought you said she didn't order him fries." She whispers, confused.

"I know, I ordered them for him." I give her a wink and she laughs and I make my way back to the table, placing the order in front of them. Ben gives me a smile as he spots his meal.

"Enjoy your meal."

"Excuse me." Oh crap. I look towards the girl with eyebrows raised.

"Is something wrong?"

"Yes something is wrong. I didn't order him fries. I specifically asked for a salad." I pretended to be shocked at this news.

"You did? I'm sorry, I must have put down the wrong thing."

"Take it back and get him a salad." She snaps. Remain calm, Y/N. Remain cool.

"Sorry, we're out of salad, but enjoy the meal, guys." I see Ben trying to stop himself from laughing before I head back behind the counter with Caroline.

"You know, you could get in trouble for that." Caroline says, trying to hide her own laugh.

"I know, but it was so worth it." I smile and get back to my own duties behind the counter seeing as it was quiet. It's only half an hour before Ben approaches the counter with Erica, having finished their meal.

"I'm going to wait by the car." Erica says before sending me one final glare and strutting out the door.

"Thank you for giving me the fries and for also making the date somewhat more bearable."

"One night of fries will definitely not ruin your figure. I don't think I helped that much, but you are welcome, I guess." I answer with a smile and he hands me the money.

"Trust me, you helped a lot. Keep the change." He gives me a wink, making me blush, before he walks away.

I start putting the money in the register when I notice a slip of paper between the bills. I pull it out and read;

xxx xxx xxxxx Thank you for tonight. Text me. - Ben.

"Make a date more manageable and get the guys number." Caroline says from behind me. "So that's how you do it."

What did I just write?🤷‍♀️