Project Partners

Are the pictures showing up? They seem to disappear from my laptop as soon as I upload them.

"This week I have put you guys into pairs, no you guys don't get to choose, and you will be working on a scene, that I'll also give you, to present to the class at the end of the week." I hear a few groans in the class and one person beside me even went as far as hitting his head on his desk, not lightly either. I seriously don't know what their problem is. It's a great idea to work with someone you wouldn't normally work with. "Y/N, you'll be working with Ben."

Shit. I just had to be paired with the most popular guy at school. The complete package. I was too busy freaking out about the choice in partner when I snap out of my daze due to chairs scraping against the floor and people walking around. Well, I guess I missed some instructions. I start to turn around in my seat, looking around for Ben when books slam on my desk, making me jump a mile. Ben sits down in the desk in front of me, but is turned to face me with an easy smile and amused eyes.

"I'm sorry." He says in that smooth voice of his that makes every girl melt into a puddle in front of him. Well, nearly every girl. I only partially melt. "That was just too good of an opportunity to pass up." He starts laughing to himself, obviously pleased with my reaction.

"I would have done the same, but don't worry, I'll get you back."I say with a mischievous smile which he meets with a smirk.

"Y/N, Ben." Our teacher approaches us and kneels down to get to our level by the desks. "You two will be working on this scene from Beauty and the Beast. It may be a short scene, but remember, it's all about how you deliver it. Don't just focus on the words your character says,but also what the other character says, what your character is doing, what she/he is holding, what your character might be thinking. Y/N, you'll be Belle, Ben you'll be..."

"The beast." Ben interrupts without even looking at the script.

"No, you'll be Gaston." He replies, deadpanned. I try not to laugh at the surprised look on Ben's face. He doesn't even look like Gaston. But I guess it is our interpretation. "Remember guys, don't just act. React." With that, he swiftly walks away, an air of gracefulness to his steps and I turn back to look at the script.

"The Street Scene. It's so short, it'll probably only take us a minute to present." I say as I study the page. "Looks like the only prop we'll need is a book." I look back up at Ben to see him studying me with a smile.

"Well, let's get to work then."

*****************

We're half way done with the week and Ben and I are currently practicing in his room, seeing as his parents aren't home. Ben looks at me, chest heaved like Gaston as he walks with the arrogance that his character entails.

"Belle, it's about time you got your head out of those books and pay attention to more important things, like me. The whole town has been talking about it. It's not right for a woman to read. Soon she starts getting ideas, thinking."

"Gaston, you are positively prime evil." I wait for Ben to say his next line, pretending to read my book like Belle would, but he sighs, instead throwing the script on the bed before doing it himself. "Are you alright there, Ben?"

"Can't we do something other than reading the script?" Ben asks, fatigue clear in his voice and I sit on the edge of the bed, opposite of him.

"You do know that this is due in a couple of days." I rub my eyes, feeling tired myself.

"Yeah, we've got plenty of time. Besides we make a great team, we've got this." This comment makes me blush and I quickly try and hide my face from view. "Can't we just do something else for a second?"

I sigh and lay down on the bed, placing my head beside Ben's so that when I turn, I look him in the eyes. "Sure, like what?"

He lays there in silence for a moment, clearly thinking before he turns his head to look at me and replies; "I've seen you around in a few of my classes. I know of you, I know what others say about you, but I don't know you." Oh gosh. Now I'm melting into a puddle in front of him. I turn my head away from him just so I can once again compose myself.

"Okay, but you'll have to tell me about yourself too, then."

"That's fair." He says and gives me a bright smile when I turn back to look at him.

"So, what do you want to know?"

"What job are you wanting to do in the future?" So, he asks the common question first. That's simple enough.

"A lawyer." I answer easily. "I've wanted to be a lawyer since I was a little girl after watching Legally Blonde." This makes him laugh.

"Y/N Y/L/N wants to be a lawyer because of Legally Blonde. And yet your in drama class. Why?" He asks and I roll my body towards him, propping my head up on my hand.

"It's just a hobby of mine. What about you? What do you want to do?"

"I want to be an actor." He says.

"Why an actor?"

He hesitates a little, taking a breath before answering; "I had a rough childhood with dad leaving and all. Acting in productions, plays or even with my sister. That was my only form of escape through it all. In other words, I want to act because it's there for me when I need it."

After that, I have no idea what to say, so I stare into his deep blue eyes and he stares right back at me. There is definitely more to Ben than meets the eye. I want to find out more, I need to find out more.

Breaking the spell, Ben sits up, no longer looking at me. "Well, Y/N, the future lawyer. Shall we get back to practicing now?"

"Sure." I say, sitting up. I don't tell how that was only one question and instead focus on something he said before. Acting is there for me when I need it. I wonder if he needs it now?