High School Romance

Y/N/N = Your nick name

"Y/N, wait up!" My boyfriend, Ben yells and I look behind me to see him racing through the halls. I stop walking, waiting for him to catch up. He kisses me on the lips before we start walking in sync, passing the other students. "What are you doing after biology?" He asks with a smile.

"Going to Chemistry."

"Wrong." I look at him in confusion.

"Wrong?

"You are ditching chem, because we are going to the lakes. It's too nice to stay indoors today and I need to tell you something." He says cryptically, a smirk playing on his face.

"I can't."

"There's no such word as can't." I let out a small chuckle and shake my head.

"In my case, there is. I have a chem test today and I cannot miss it." He pouts as we head into our shared classical studies class and we stand beside our desks in the middle of the room, not paying any mind to others already here. "I'm sorry, babe. Can't you just tell me now?" I ask with a hopeful expression. I'm so curious, and he knows this too. He knows how much I need to know.

However, he just sighs and shakes his head. This time I'm the one who pouts but this doesn't seem to have the desired effect of him crumbling and telling me what he was going to tell me. Instead he just gives me a peck on the nose and says; "You're so cute when you're trying to get your way" making me sigh and then chuckle.

"Looks like my powers of persuasion are not working to their full effect today."

"Or any day." I laugh as the final bell rings. Ben and I take our seats beside one another and we share one last amused look before the teacher comes sauntering into the room.

"Okay, class. By now you should have all read Virgil's The Aeneid and Homer's The Iliad, two of the best epic poems created, in my opinion, of course." I grab out my copies of the epic poems, knowing that I'm going to need them for what comes next. "I want everyone here to write me a comparitive essay on the poets versions of the Trojan War." People groan at having to write the essay and I roll my eyes at them. Mr Taylor loves making us do essays during his classes, this shouldn't come as a surprise.

I get to work on my essay but halfway through I notice Ben slide a bit of note paper over to my desk. I smile and open it,

You look really cute when you concentrate.

I shake my head, smiling, before quickly answering back and sliding the paper back towards him.

I would look even cuter if you tell me whatever it is that you were going to tell me at the lakes. :P

I hear Ben laugh then the scratching of pen on paper and I can't help but smirk when I read his reply.

Nice try Y/N/N

Come on, please tell me.

Okay, do you really want to know?

Yes!

He writes out his answer, but before he could give it to me, Mr Taylor rips it from his hand and my heart goes to my throat. I guess we weren't as inconspicuous as what I thought.

"Y/N. Ben. I see that you two are writing, but it looks like you two are having too much fun for it to be the essays on the Trojan War." Everybody stops writing to stare at us and I can feel my face heating up in embarrassment. One thing students love more than a distraction from doing work is new gossip to tell their friends. "Why don't I read it out to everyone so that we can all experience this happiness." Oh-dear-god, no.

"Y/N, this is definitely not how I imagined to tell you this, but I love you." I snap my head towards Ben who's already looking at me with a little smile and my heart races. I distantly hear an awkward cough and Mr Taylor walks away while talking to us; "Next time, I won't read the note aloud. You two will have detention after school." But I hardly listen as I mouth back my answer;

I love you too.