Glow up - Roger Taylor

Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit. He's going to be here in, like, 20 minutes and I haven't even started cleaning the house. I race around the kitchen and lounge quickly gathering items and putting them in their rightful spot. Roger is coming here after not seeing him for a few years. We've still kept in touch through phone calls at least once a month, but we've never had time to actually see each other. But now finally, FINALLY, I get to see him again.

The last time I remember him, he was studying at University with me, him wanting to become a dentist and me become a nurse. He had the whole boyish smile and charming face going on for him, making every girl melt. But, again, that was years ago. Now, he is a rock star who travels the world and girls scream for him, but that's most likely not the only thing that has changed about him.

A knock sounds at the door and I quickly drop the last items in their place before heading for the door. Stay cool, Y/N. He's still your best friend. He's still the same even if he may not look the same. I open the door and holy shit he really doesn't look the same. Gone is the boyish charm and in his place is a Greek God. Stop it, Y/N. He's your best friend. Hot best friend, but still your best friend.

I realize that we're both just standing there, staring at one another, so I do the only thing that I am known to do. I jump into his arms and he catches me around the waist, and I give him a giant hug.

"Roger, you're actually here." I say into his ear.

"I'm here, Y/N." He sets me down, but still in an embrace, he looks at me up and down with a smile. "It's been too long. You look great, Y/N."

"It definitely has, and you look really good yourself." Like, super good. I open the door wider for him to come in, and he does, but not without brushing his arm against mine and sending a tingling sensation up my arm. This is going to be a long afternoon.

***************

We've actually ended up talking for hours, but the whole time we were talking, I just wanted to pounce him and have my way with him. Which is weird, because I've never felt like that with anyone and especially not Roger. Sure, I've always more than looked forward to our conversations on the phone, and okay, I spend way more time talking to him than any of my other friends, but I've never wanted him the way I want him now.

"Anyway, I should probably get going now." Roger and I stand up at the same time to move to the door, but we stop. Our chests are almost touching now and I can feel his breath on my face. I know that if I lean up just a little, I'd be able to kiss him. Because of this thought, I move my eyes to his lips.

"I'll-uh." I flick my eyes back to his. "I'll get the door for you." I move to head towards the door, separating myself from him, when he suddenly grabs my hand and spins me around so that I am pressed up against his body. His hands on my waist and mine on his shoulder and chest. I look him in the eyes a final time before he leans down and crashes his lips against mine.

I put my arms around his neck to bring us closer as he deepens the kiss. He slowly moves his hands from my waist to below my butt. "Jump." He says, and I immediately obey, wrapping my legs around his waist. "Where's your bedroom?"

"Down the hall, first door to the right." I say before I go back to kissing him passionately on the mouth. He starts making his way to my room and the next thing I know, he is dropping me on the bed, causing me to yelp then giggle, before he climbs on top of me, kissing me on the mouth and neck.

I can't believe this is happening.

*******************

"I can't believe that just happened." Roger says more to himself as we lay on my bed, wrapped up together, completely naked.

"Neither, but I'm glad we did." I say, snuggling closer to him.

"Same." He sighs into my hair, stoking it which calm me. "Promise me we won't go so long without seeing each other again. I missed you too much."

"I definitely don't plan on it, because I missed you too."