We Won!

"Golden Globes, 2019. Are you ready, Ben?" I ask, standing behind him in the mirror.

"Yes, but also no." He says with a nervous sigh and he turns around to face me.

"Honey, why are you nervous?" I ask, taking a hold of his hands.

"Because this is the first time I've been in something that has been nominated for such a big award. I'm just really proud of this film. And I know it's selfish but what if we don't win this award? Everyone talks about how A Star is Born or Black Panther is the most likely to get the top awards, I just really want us to win this one." Ben rants and I grab his face to make him look at me, rubbing my thumbs along his jaw.

"It's not selfish at all. Whatever happens tonight, you should absolutely be proud of what you and your friends have accomplished. An award does not change the fact that Bohemian Rhapsody is an awesome movie." I quickly kiss him on the lips before carrying on. "Besides, last year when everyone thought La La Land would take home the Oscar for Best Picture, the underdog film won instead. Maybe that could happen here."

"Do you think Bohemian Rhapsody is the underdog here?"

"Considering the bad press it's gotten by people who have no idea what they are talking about, and how much people expect those other two films to win even though it has a higher rating on IMDB than both of them, it can be considered the underdog, yes. But that doesn't mean it won't win. I still believe the film can win. Just remember, whatever happens, I'm right here with you." I really hope I just said the right thing.

"Your right." He says, giving me a quick kiss, but he still looks so nervous.

****************

"I can't believe Darren Criss beat Hugh Grant. That makes me so happy and weirdly proud. I remember when he played Harry Potter on A Very Potter Musical." I say, leaning into Ben as he wraps his arm around me. We're currently sitting on the couch with the rest of the cast and crew of Bohemian Rhapsody at the venue as we enjoy watching the Golden Globes together.

"Who are you dating, me or him?" Ben asks jokingly with a smirk.

"You, but secretly him."

"Oh, yeah?

"Yeah."

"Well, I guess I better do something about that, then." He leans down and captures my mouth with his and I really try not to smile into the kiss.

"Get a room, you two." Joe says, nudging me from the side and I break away from the kiss to turn around to look at him.

"Okay, we'll use yours then." I reply with a smirk.

"You better bloody not." He laughs.

"Why not?" Ben asks almost innocently. "You said 'get a room' and I'm pretty sure your place counts as a room."

"Because I just changed the sheets on my bed."

"Even better!"

"Shh." Lucy interrupts. "They're announcing best actor." We all turn our attention to the screen. I clasp Ben's hand and he brings our hand up to kiss the back of mine before putting them down on his lap. Okay, I can't get over how cute that was.

"And the Golden Globe goes to... RAMI MALEK." We all stand up in unison, clapping and cheering at the screen. That's our friend, that's my boyfriend's workmate. Bohemian Rhapsody might have a better chance at winning than what everyone initially thought. After a while of cheering for the accomplishment of our friend and listening to his amazing speech, we all sit back down, eagerly awaiting the final results of the night.

"And the Golden Globe for the Best Film - Drama goes to... BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY." Once again, everyone stands up in celebratory cheers and Ben immediately brings me into a hug and spins me around.

"You guys did it. Congratulations, I'm so happy for you guys." I say into his ear and he puts me down and looks at me with a wide smile.

"Marry me, Y/N"

"What?" Did he really just ask me what I think he asked me?

"Marry me." Yep, he did. "I love you, and I think it's time after being together for over five years. What do you say?" I don't even have to think about the answer before I jump back into his arms with a wide smile on my face.

"Hell yeah, I'll marry you."