New Years - Roger Taylor

I mainly chose this picture, because he looks so fabulous here.

I have a plan. It's an absolutely stupid plan, but it's still a plan. Roger and I have been best friends for a long time, since we were in high school together. Now he's in one of the most popular band's, Queen and I couldn't be prouder. While some things have changed, like how he now has millions of screaming, adoring female and male fans, I am a best selling author and he is a really big party animal now.

However, a lot of things have stayed the same. Things such as Rogers dramatic mood swings which can go from being super loving to 'I will throw everything around the room until I get what I want'. We are also still very close and hardly spend much time apart. Lastly, I am still in love with my best friend.

That is where my plan comes in. It's New Years Eve, so when it hits 12, that's when I'll make my move. This is also so that if he doesn't like me that way, then I'll be able to play it off to being a New Years thing.

"Y/N, are you coming up to dance or what? You can't just sit here the whole night." Roger says, coming up to sit beside me with a smile.

"Yeah." I say, downing the rest of my drink and slamming the cup back down on the bench. "I'm ready now." Roger stands up and extends his hand towards me, which I immediately take. We make our way to the middle of the floor, past the hoards of people and end up beside Freddie and his new boyfriend, Jim. Freddie give me a wink, making me smile, before turning his attention back to Jim. He's the only one who knows about my plan with Roger, and he eagerly pushed me into this idea. Maybe a little too eagerly.

Roger and I start dancing close together, getting lost in the beat as the courage I have obtained from the alcohol warps through me.

When it hits 11:30 pm, that's when I start to get very nervous about my plan. What would happen if he actually didn't like me the same way I like him? That means I would be tossing away years of friendship that we have had together. But then, if I don't say anything or do anything, it'll keep eating me up on the inside like it has been for years. I can't carry on obsessing over seeing Roger with other women, wishing it was me. I can't carry on that way. So, fuck the world, I'm doing it.

"10" Everyone in the room shouts. Oh gosh, the countdown is starting. "9...8...7...6..." I look up at Roger, only to see him already looking at me intensely. "5...4...3...2..." Okay, here we go. "1... Happy New Year!" I lean up and press my lips against Roger's, hearing cheering all around me.

However, what I don't expect is for Roger to lean down at that same moment to kiss me. After a couple of seconds of initial shock, I lean in further, bringing my arms around his neck to bring him closer and he winds his arms around my waist to do the same. This is exactly what I hoped would happen.

After we break apart, Roger and I stare into each others eyes, smiles on our faces.

"So, I'm guessing we had the same plan, huh?" He says, somehow bringing me closer into him.

"I guess we did. Happy New Year."

"Yeah it is." He replies and we lean in to give each other another kiss.