Best Friend's Best Friend Part 1- Roger

"Are you sure I'm allowed out here?" I ask Brian as we stand outside the house where the band is recording A Night at the Opera. "Are you sure I won't interrupt or anything? This is supposed to be a no distractions retreat." I shuffle on my feet uneasily.

"Don't worry, Y/N. We need a slight distraction otherwise we just might kill each other. Besides, they're going to love you. How could they not?" He says as he takes my hand and pulls me inside the house.

"Okay, but I won't be able to stay long. I have a meeting soon." I say, but Brian waves it off like he's trying to swat a fly away. "How is the album going?"

"Good, I think. We're doing the biggest song of the album at the moment, Bohemian Rhapsody. Roger should be in the booth now doing the Galileo's." I'm pulled into another room where I am met with two men sitting at the producing desk, their backs to me, who, by the hair, must be John and the producer.

Another guy is standing in the far corner also with his back to me, and by his proper but quirky posture must be Freddie.

Lastly I turn to look into the recording booth, which is actually more like a huge room, where a blonde haired man is struggling to hit the high pitched notes of Galileo. This is definitely Roger. Out of everybody Brian has talked about, he has talked about him the most, and I feel an instant curiosity at finally being able to see him. He actually looks a lot hotter in person than what Brian described. But then again, it was Brian who described him.

"Higher." Freddie says from his corner.

"How many more Galileo's do you need?" Roger says, annoyance etching into his voice. He must have been singing so many Galileo's to get annoyed, especially with how high Freddie is making him sing.

"Just one more, Rog." Brian says into the mic, making Roger sigh before giving it one more go. He somehow got even higher than he did before, and I can't but clap in awe.

"Are we done?" He asks.

"Yes, that was perfect." As soon as Brian says this, Roger heads straight out of the recording room and joins the rest of us. However, he stops in his tracks when he sees me, making me suddenly feel very anxious.

"Hey, Brian. Is this your friend, Y/N." He knows who I am? How did he know it was me? The surprise must have shown on my face as Roger smirks. I hardly noticed the others turning to look at me as well, only focusing on Roger, but when I do notice, I start to shrink away, trying to get away from their gazes, only to have Brian stop me by putting his arm around my shoulders.

"Everyone, this is Y/N. Y/N, this is everyone." Brian says and I give a small wave.

"So, this is Y/N. We've heard so much about you." John says, smiling at me.

"All good things, I hope."

"Definitely." I snap my face back towards Roger, who not so discretely looks me up and down with a smirk. I'm pretty sure my face has gone as red as a tomato because of that, and now I'm trying my hardest to avoid eye contact with anyone in the room, fixing my gaze on the floor. This is ridiculous. What happened to your confidence Y/N? Talk to them, don't hide away. They're just people. Even if they are slightly terrifying people.

"He's talked about you guys quite a lot too." I finally manage to say, looking back up at each of them.

"Oh, really?" Freddie says with interest.

"Yeah, all the time. Although I can't say it's all been good." I look straight at Roger as I say this.

"Has our Brian been talking shit about us?" John asks, raising his eyebrows at Brian.

"All the bloody time." Brian says, and John leaps at Brian, bringing him down to the ground, almost taking me down along with him. Thankfully Freddie and Roger grab me and bring me out of the way. However, while Freddie lets go of me immediately after, Rogers grip lingers a moment longer before letting go. I try and act like I didn't notice.

"Thank you." I say and they nod at me.

"I wouldn't believe everything that Brian says about us. Just most of it." Freddie says, sending me a wink which makes me laugh.

"I'm sorry to cut this meeting short, boys." I begin to say; "but I have another meeting I must get to." Brian and John get up off the floor when I say this as they all moan in disappointment, surprising me yet again.

"Do you have to go? Can't you just skip the meeting?" Brian asks

"No. You know I need a job, Brian. You knew I wasn't able to stay long anyway."

"Okay, but you better come back." Brian bring me into a hug.

"Of course. Who else is going to tell these guys all of the stories about you?"I say as I get out of his hug, giving him a smirk.

"You're evil." Brian says to me as Freddie also says; "Then you should definitely come back, dear. I have got to hear this." Freddie gives me a quick hug, followed by John and Roger. However, when Roger starts to let go, he slides his hands down my arms, leaving tingling sensations in their tracks, and holds my hands for a moment too long before letting go.

"We'll be looking forward to seeing you again soon, Y/N."