Maybe in a Week

Well, the day that was supposed to be one of my most busiest days full of running around after people has turned into my least busiest day since those people cancelled on me. A part of me is relieved, while the other part of me is really itching for something to do. And that something turned out to be scrolling through Instagram photos while leaning against Ben with my feet on the couch. His arm is comfortably around me as he reads his script for his upcoming film. I sigh.

"You okay, sweetheart?" Ben asks, placing his script down on his lap and he runs his fingers through my hair, sending shivers down my spine.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just, I swear that everyone is getting married lately."

"You also probably feel that way because your a wedding planner." He says, amused.

"But even then, I have never been as busy as what I have been this year. All my high school friends are posting pictures online of them getting married. I mean, what is it about this year?"

"I don't know." He slowly says, as if he's thinking deeply. "I have to admit too, all my high school mates are getting married too. But don't you think it's a little bit early for them all to get married? They're only in their twenties after all."

"Yeah, totally." I say, but not quite convincing enough because in my heart I know I would stop whatever I'm doing and marry Ben in a heartbeat if he so much as uttered the words.

"Marry me." And I think he just uttered the words. I turn in my spot, putting my feet on the ground and look at Ben who's looking at me with love and sincerity.

"What?" I ask, just to make sure that I heard correctly.

"Marry me. Right here, right now. I love you so much, I don't understand why I haven't asked you sooner." I smile as he quickly talked.

"I don't understand either, because I would have said yes like I am right now."

"Really?"

"Really." He crashes his lips against mine in a fiery kiss, but before I could get too lost in it, I pull away. "But not today. I at least want close friends and family there. That's how I always pictured my wedding." Ben nods in understanding, but I can see him deflate a little. "So, how about a week from now? That way I can ask Lucy, Y/F/N and Y/O/F/N to be my brides maids." Ben immediately perks up with excitement.

"And I can ask Joe, Gwil and Rami to be my grooms men."

"Our family are already here, so they will be there on the night."

"I can ask Brian to officiate our wedding and Roger to be in charge of the music, if I don't end up regretting it."

"The flowers are out and the weather has been nice, so we can do it in our backyard."

"Are we actually doing this?"

"We are actually doing this." I say with an excited smile. "I'm gonna start making some calls."

************

After a stressful week of calling people and trying to organize a wedding so quickly, the day is finally here and I could not be more excited and nervous at the same time. The only thing so far that hasn't gone according to plan is the fact my father couldn't make it, so instead I asked Roger to walk me down the isle. He honestly hasn't stopped boasting about it to Brian since I asked him. Lucy helped me pick out a nice, simple but gorgeous dress and I couldn't be more pleased to have her by my side.

With my hand on Rogers arm, we walk down the makeshift isle. While I can still see my mum taking teary eyed photos, my main focus has been on my man, standing there with a perfect smile, in a classic black tux. He looks so hot right now, it's honestly making me weak at the knees. But as I stop in front of Ben, and Roger lets go, I notice Ben's teary eyes.

"You look stunning, Y/N." He whispers to me, taking my hands in his and now it's my turn to get teary eyed.

"And you look so handsome, Ben."

As Brian starts the wedding, all I can think about is how far Ben and I have come. From going to his football games and being his own personal cheerleader in the sidelines, to being there for him through his injuries and his transition into acting and modelling. From him being there for me through my breakdowns when I had no idea what I was going to do for my future, to holding my hand and whispering reassurances as I head towards my first interview.

When Ben started saying his vows, Lucy handed me a couple of tissues to try and save my make-up as the waterfall of tears breaks through. As I said my vows to him, I notice the little squeezes of his hands in mine as he smiles down at me, and I know this wedding was long overdue.

"Do you, Y/N Y/L/N, take Ben Jones to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do." I say, voice thick through tears.

"And do you, Ben Jones, take Y/N Y/L/N to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"Hell yeah, I do." Ben says quickly, almost desperately, earning a few laughs.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

And that's exactly what he did.