Distance - Roger Taylor

REQUESTED

Thank you so much for your requests. If anyone has anymore they'd like me to do, let me know. ❤

I finally made it. After a couple of flights and a taxi, I've finally made it to where Roger is rehearsing for his last show of the tour. We've been dating for a few months now, but due to his touring around the US and the UK, I haven't been able to see him often. So, now I'm here in America, ready to surprise him.

I make my way back stage and up to the dressing room door where the crew told me they'd be and I'm ready to knock, excitement coursing through me, when I hear my name being said on the inside, stopping me from knocking.

"What about Y/N?" I hear Roger ask.

"Why didn't you invite her to at least one of the shows?" Brian asks. "It's just been so long since you last saw her, is all."

"Maybe I don't want to see her." My heart plummets to the ground as Roger says these words about me and I lean closer to the door so I can hear better. "At least not right now, anyway."

"Come on, Rog. You don't mean that. Y/N has been really good for you." I hear John say. He's always been really nice to me, and my heart goes out to him for sticking up for me here.

"No, I do mean it. She's just always there, wanting to see if I'm okay, wanting to go on dates, giving me absolute useless gifts and talking about stuff I don't even care about. She's just a complete bore and a pain in my ass." Each word stabs me, making me flinch and tears start rolling down my cheeks. I can't believe what Roger is saying right now.

"Then why are you still with her, if she's just a 'pain in the ass' to you?" Brian's voice starts to get hard, showing me how angry he is with the conversation.

"Because, she's a good fuck."

"Your being an asshole, Roger." Freddie bites back. "Your going to regret ever treating her like this. Just let her go and be with someone who actually will care about her and love her."

"Not quite yet. I still need her for my image. The press love her." That's it, I can't stand to listen to anymore. I love the other guys for sticking up for me, but I need to leave. Hop on a plane and just get out of here.

***************

It's been just less than a month since I've arrived home from the surprise visit, which never actually ended up being a surprise visit. After a couple of days of moping around and basically just feeling sorry for myself, I've started to get back on my feet. There's no way in hell I'm going to let a guy control my life. I've been working hard at the job I love and I've even got myself a cat from the shelter, so things have been going great for me. My friends have been super supportive, which I couldn't be more thankful for.

I've been ignoring and distancing myself from Roger. I've been hanging up on him whenever he calls my phone, I've been ignoring him whenever he comes to my house. We haven't officially broken up yet, mainly because I haven't been in the right head space to actually approach him, but I think I am ready now. I need to show him that you do not mess with me and use me just to make him look good. I am a person, and a good person. That's what I tell myself, anyway.

I've invited him over and he should be here any moment. I can do this. I am strong and I don't need him in my life anymore. A knock sounds at the door and my heart starts racing.

I open the door to see a frowning Roger, and I walk back into the house as he lets himself in.

"I've tried calling, no answer. I've even tried coming to your house and you didn't answer. Where the hell have you been for the last month, Y/N?" I move around the house, busying myself with some cleaning that really doesn't need to be done.

"I've been thinking." Is all I answer with.

"Thinking? You've been ignoring me because you were thinking?"

"Actually, no." I stop and look right at Roger, anger coursing through me and it takes everything in me not to throw anything at him right now. "I was ignoring you because last month I decided to fly all the way to the US to come and surprise my boyfriend before his last concert only to hear him talk absolute shit about me to his band mates. I'm sorry I wanted to show you that I cared. I'm sorry that I'm a pain in the ass. I'm sorry that all I was, was just a good fuck." He freezes at that last statement and his eyes go wide.

"Oh, you heard that?"

"Yes, I fucking heard that. Now, I want you to get out of my house and out of my life for good, because I do not need you in it to screw anything else up." I expect him to leave and slam the door, but instead he for some reason finds a way to look at me like he's the victim, which makes me angrier.

"Y/N..."

"Just fuck off."

He sighs and heads over to the door, but stops to look at me. He says; "I'm sorry" before he leaves my house and, hopefully, my life for good.