It was all an act

"Y/N, I've made a terrible mistake." Ben blurts out to me as he stands at my front door in full blown panic.

"Well, come in and tell me about it. I'm sure we'll be able to sort something out." I step aside and he quickly walks inside and starts pacing around. I shut the door and stand there, waiting for Ben to say something. "Ben, what's wrong, your scaring me." He stops pacing to look at me.

"Y/N. I need your help with something." I raise my eyebrows at him and wait for him to carry on. "I need you to pretend to be my girlfriend."

I can't help it, I start laughing. I thought it would be something way worse than that. "I know it's stupid." He says, misunderstanding my laughter and I shake my head.

"No, it's not. But why do you need me to be your girlfriend, anyway?"

"Because my parents kept hounding me, wanting to know if I have a girlfriend, they asked who, so I kind of blurted out your name. Now they want to meet you. Today."

"Yeah, I'll do that for you." I say with ease.

"You will? Thank you Y/N."  He says and picks me up to spin me around, making me grab hold of him tightly. "You do know this means you'll have to act like my girlfriend, and hold my hand and stuff." He says after setting me back down, still holding my waist.

"What are you, 12? I know what a girlfriend does, don't worry, we've got this. Now, tell me what I need to know."

************

After getting all our facts straight during the morning and most of the afternoon, like how long we have been together (2 months), how did we get together, who asked who out, we finally head out to the cafe to meet Ben's parents.