The Unbreakable Vow

This is the dress

This is the dress.

Today's the day. After two years of being engaged to Ben, we're finally getting married. However, due to the Harry Potter themed proposal, we've decided to have a Harry Potter themed wedding, Bill and Fleur style. Although, I had to ask to put the tent up in Y/F/N's back yard, so I'm getting ready in her room.

After getting my hair styled down in loose curls and my make up done perfectly in a simple and natural way, I go and carefully put on my white, lace wedding dress, Y/F/N buttoning me up.

"Y/N, you look beautiful." My mother says from the corner of the room, tearing up.

"Mum, you know that if you cry, I'll cry, and they just finished my make-up. But thank you." I try to bring her into a hug, but she immediately pulls away.

"Don't be silly sweetheart. I don't want to ruin your dress with my mascara tears." She steps back to arms length to look at me. The dress's bodice is a v neck, corseted and detailed with lace which goes into shoulder length sleeves. It has an open back until it reaches my waist in which there is a delicate, small pearl belt which leads to a long, flowing, light fabric train.

"Y/N, I think it's time to get the show on the road." Y/F/N says from the door. "Are you ready, soon to be Mrs Jones?" My heart starts racing and my hands start shaking, but the excitement doubles. This is actually happening. I smile widely at Y/F/N and she leads me out of her room and down the stairs. When I get to the lounge, I am met with my Dad who immediately brings me into a hug.

"My little girl is getting married. I can't believe it. You couldn't have gotten a better man to marry than Ben." He says, letting me go with tears in his eyes. Tears threaten to escape my eyes and I quickly try and blink them away.

"Do you think we could try and get this started before we all start crying?" I ask, laughing at all of our teary eyes.

Y/F/N heads to the back door, opening it and mum gives me a kiss on the cheek before quickly heading away to claim her seat. I stand beside Y/F/N, looking up at the tent which is a perfect replica of the one from the film.

"Thank you so much for doing this, Y/F/N."

"Let's get you married." Y/F/N says, giving me a quick hug. The music starts playing, giving Y/F/N the queue to go. Dad holds out his arm for me to take, and we start making our way down the aisle. My heart somehow seems to speed up when we enter the tent. My eyes immediately land on Ben, who stands there with a wide smile on his face, causing me to smile back at him. He stands there in a classic black and white suit which is tailored to him perfectly. Dad gives me a kiss on the cheek and shakes Ben's hand before taking his seat beside my Mum, allowing Ben to take hold of my hands reassuringly.

"You look beautiful, Y/N." Ben whispers to me through a couple of tears, and tears once again threaten to spill from my eyes. Time seems to fly as I stare into Ben's eyes, when suddenly he starts saying his vows.

"Y/N, you know I'm bad with expressing my words, but looking at you now, I know I will be able to express them how I intend. Y/N I love you. You are the kindest, most caring, most passionate and most beautiful woman I know. You are incredibly strong and fierce and so much more. I love you because you have been there for me and have seen me through my lightest and darkest moments. But, you weren't only there, you also helped me, you guided me and you never left my side. You accepted me for who I am and you never judged me. You make me so proud to be you boyfriend and I hope to make you proud in being your husband. I know that I'll love and cherish you forever."

I'm full on crying now, makeup be damned. That was the most beautiful thing he's ever said to me, and now I have to say my vows to him.

"Ben, two years ago, on this very day, you proposed to me in the most magical way and I thought that day would be the best day of my life, but I was wrong. Every day I've spent with you has been the best day of my life and I just know that will continue with our future together. You have been the reason I smile everyday and you have always given me comfort and reassurances of safety whenever I have needed it. You have so much passion and acceptance and your heart is so full of love. I couldn't have found a more perfect man to spend the rest of my life with. I will love you always." I finish my vows and Ben is now also shedding a few tears with me.

"It's time for the exchanging of the rings." I turn back and Y/F/N passes me Ben's ring before I turn back to Ben. I hold out my left hand and he slides on the sliver wedding band with letters inscribed on the outside and I slide on a matching ring onto Ben's finger; 'Always'.

"Do you, Ben, take Y/N to be your lawfully wedded wife?" He looks at me and smiles widely through tears.

"I do."

"And do you, Y/N, take Ben to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

"Finally." Ben says before putting his hands on either side of my face and bringing me into a loving kiss.