Flatmates - Part 2

REQUESTED:

I didn't think that I would be doing a part 2 for this imagine, so, I'm sorry if this isn't that great. Thank you!

"Look at them. They're so cute." I hear through my semi conscious haze.

"Shh, not too loudly, you'll wake them up." Scott says back to Y/F/N.

"I'm so taking a picture of this and showing it to Y/N. Maybe that way she will stop denying her feelings for him."

"What do you mean by that?" I groggily say, sitting up from where I was resting against a sleeping Ben. My legs are still wrapped over his and his arm is still around my shoulders. There is literally no space between us which makes me feel happy but nervous about what Scott and Y/F/N are going to say. I slowly detach myself from Ben, so to not wake him.

"What I mean is, your totally in love with Ben and your not admitting it to yourself." I sigh and move towards the kitchen to make myself a coffee. I really need caffeine for this .

"I'm not in love with Ben, Y/F/N. Sure I really like him, but I'm not in love with him."

Y/F/N rolls her eyes and Scott laughs. "Sure your not." She laughs.

"Well, I'm still rooting for you two. The girl who doesn't get into relationships, in love with her best friend. How romantic."

Scott pocks fun before he leaves and all I can do is roll my eyes and mutter; "I'm not in love with Ben."

"Okay, tell you what." Y/F/N says, leaning against the bench. "You tell me what you like about him, or even say a memory of him, and then we'll be able to determine whether or not your in love with him."

"Fine, if it'll get you to shut up about this, I'll talk about him." I stand there, thinking for a moment, taking a long sip of coffee. "I don't even know where to start." I mumble.

"Okay, why don't you start with what you like most about him as a person." That still makes it hard for me to figure out where to start. There is just so much about him that's hard not to like, but I guess I'll go with;

"He's kind. He's the kind of person who will make sure you're okay, when your feeling down. He'll do anything for you just to see a smile on your face." That's it, that's all I needed to start with for a particular memory to stick out. Something that made me care for him so much. "Did you know that when he was on holiday one year in New Zealand with his family , my mum passed away and it killed me. I shut myself in my room and wouldn't come out for anybody or anything. Not even to get something to eat or drink.

"And then he came home and he came straight to my place, even though he must have been exhausted, and he didn't leave my side. He made me eat and drink, he made sure I started to look after myself again. And then he gave me this." I wrap my hand around the necklace on my neck, the one I haven't taken off since he gave it to me. "It's from the same place mum got her necklace."

"What exactly is it?"

"A paua necklace. Mum had one just like this when she was growing up, it meant a lot to her. It wasn't worth anything, it just held a lot of significance to her and it was something that I really needed in that time. So yeah, maybe I am in love with Ben, but that's because he understands me in ways others never really could. But I'd doubt he feels the same way about me."

"Don't say that Y/N. For all you know, he could be in love with you, too."

"There's no could be about it." Y/F/N and I jump and we turn to see Ben marching into the kitchen. He approaches me, putting his hands on either side of my face, before he brings me into a kiss.

"I'm going to leave you guys now." Y/F/N says as she walks awkwardly to the next room. Ben and I break apart form the kiss and I look up at him in surprise.

"I'm in love with you too, Y/N." He whispers down to me, his hands still cupping my face. "Can't you remember what I said to you last night? Maybe one day I'll be able to call you mine. I know you weren't fully asleep. You heard me."

"To be honest, I thought that was a dream." He and I laugh before he goes serious once more.

"I've loved you since before I gave you the necklace, I just didn't know how to tell you." I smile up at him. I can't believe that he's actually loved me this whole time.

"This seems like a good way to me." I reach up, placing a hand behind his neck and I bring him down for another kiss.