I love you, but... - Roger Taylor

I am so sorry I haven't been posting as much! Sadly, it'll be like this a little more often, but thank you for staying patient with me. I do have a lot of ideas coming up that I'm looking forward to writing, so I hope you guys will stick around to read them. Thanks again!

One year anniversary, I can't believe Roger and I made it through a whole year of being together and trust me, this has been the best year of my life. Sure, there has been a few rough patches, some may say even more than what a normal relationship would, but he's also a rock star. What do you expect? Things can't be perfect 24/7 when he's recording an album or touring the world, right?

But never mind that, today is about us and the fact that we've been together for a year. While the man is usually seen to be the one to spoil their partner with cooking the meals or something on their anniversary, but to hell with that tradition because I'm the one cooking the dinner for the both of us as Roger is only just arriving back from his tour today and he should be back home any minute.

But one minute turned into two, and two turned into thirty minutes and the next thing I know, it's been two hours. Where the hell is he? He's supposed to be here by now and the dinner has gone completely cold.

Frustration and anger start to battle within me, so much that I take his and my plates food and throw them all in the rubbish before I even realize how big of a waste that is. I sigh and lean against the counter on my hands. Did he forget that it's our anniversary? It wouldn't be the first time he's bloody forgotten something, but I didn't think he would forget something as important as this. No, something has got to be going on. Especially now that it's hit the three hour mark.

With worry replacing the anger, I quickly grab a jacket to put over my dress, grab my purse, get into my car and quickly drive away from the house. Seeing as I don't even know where to start looking for Roger, I decide to head to the person who will know. Knocking on his door, I wait anxiously in the cold, bouncing on the balls of my feet. I really hope he has an answer for me.

Brian opens the door, his tired eyes training on me as he gives me a small smile. "Y/N, what are you doing here? I thought you would be with Roger."

"He's actually the reason I'm here. He hasn't come home yet and I'm starting to get worried. Do you know where he might be?" He gives me a confused look, scratching the back of his neck as he thinks.

"Well, the last time the boys and I saw him was at the recording studio, so he could be there, though I highly doubt it."

"Me too, but it's worth a try. Thank you, Brian. I hope you have a good night." I give him another small smile.

"You too, love. I hope you find him." I turn around and walk back to my car. Driving to the studio, my mind goes haywire with thoughts. If he is in the studio, like Brian says he might be, then why has he been there for the last three hours? Why didn't he come home? Maybe he didn't forget our anniversary and he's setting up a surprise for me as he knew I would eventually seek him out? No, that seems to far fetched. For all I know, this trip was an absolute waste and he's actually already at home wondering where I am.

Making my way into the studio, though, I can't help but feel a bit nervous as if I'm not supposed to be here. And judging by the way Roger is currently sticking his tongue down another girl's throat, he didn't even expect me to come looking for him tonight. My whole body is screaming at me, telling me to walk up and slap the living daylights out of him, or at the very least walk out of there, to go home, but I can't tear my eyes away from Roger as his hands explore the stranger's body, worshiping it in a way that he hasn't done to me in a long time.

Finally tearing my eyes away as my heart breaks, I tell my legs to move, to take one step at a time until I'm in the car. As if on auto pilot, I drive home, unlock the front door and collapse on the couch. Tears sting my eyes, but they do not fall as I sit there, huddled up with my knees against my chest, repeating what I just witnessed over and over in my head. I must have been doing this for a while because the next thing I know, Roger is barging his way through the door and into the house. He stops short when he sees me before he gives me his award winning, panty dropping smile.

"Y/N! I didn't know you would be waiting up for me. I'm so sorry I didn't come home sooner. The boys and I arrived home late from the tour and then we decided to grab a couple of drinks. I should have come back home sooner. I missed you, Y/N." He stands there for a while, his smile slowly fading the longer I refuse to reply. "Y/N, what's wrong?"

"I should have known." I start saying in a croaky voice, making me cough and try again. "I should have known you'd do that. After all, that's how you and I got together."

"What are you talking about?" His voice starts growing irritated at my vague wording.

"I saw you with that girl in the recording studio." His expression morphs into horror.

"Oh."

"Yeah, oh." I scoff. "And the funny thing is, I'm not even mad at you. I'm just disappointed because I knew deep down that this would happen eventually but I didn't want to believe that, so I deluded myself into thinking that you would change your ways because you might actually love me."

"Y/N, we can work through this, I know we can."

"The fact that you said that instead of saying 'I love you' just proves that it never can work with us and also reinforces my thoughts that I actually don't want to work through this." I sigh, standing up and making my way towards Roger, leaning up and kissing him on the cheek. "I'll be staying at my friends house tonight and grabbing my stuff tomorrow."

"Y/N..." He starts but I quickly cut him off.

"I love you, but I can't be with someone who doesn't love me back the way I love him. I deserve more than that."