Ch 26

*Hayes pov*

I woke up by Nash shaking me.

"Hayes come here. Dad has to talk to you."

I groaned and got out without waking Brianna. I succeeded and kissed her cheek, then followed Nash.

We got downstairs and I saw my mom and Skylynn.

"Mom sky! What are you doing here?" I said hugging them. But my mom had a sad expression.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's Holt. He's getting worse. He has to go back to every 6 hours of taking medication." She said with tears flowing.

Holt is my little cousin. He was diagnosed with Cystinosis a few years ago. The kidneys and eyes are the most affected.

It hurt all of us to hear that when it happened.

"What?" I felt tears flowing. I sat down on the couch with my head in my hands, and just cried.

Everyone from my family cried together. Cam comforted Nash, and him and Carter went to my mom and dad after words.

I was still crying when I felt 2 arms wrapped around my neck, hugging me.

I still cried. I didn't bother to look up, I knew who it was. She kissed my cheek and hugged me tighter.

"Everything's gonna be okay."she whispered in my ear. I felt her let go of me and knelt down in front of me.

"Babe look at me" she said softly. I looked up and even saw her in tears.

She was rubbing her thumb on my hand. It was calming.

"It's gonna be okay. He can get through this. And so will you, the last thing you want is for him to be scared too. Next time you see him spend as much time with him as you can. Have fun with him. Don't be worried okay? He'll be fine."

I just nodded and let a tear fall. She stood me up and hugged me. I cried on her shoulder. She rubbed my back and kept whispering things in my ear.

"I'm here if you wanna talk" was the last thing she whispered. God I love her.

"Thank you baby. I feel a little better already. I love you"

"I love you too. Anytime you need me. Just say the word and we'll talk okay?"

I nodded and pecked her on the lips then I hugged her.

"Same for you. Whenever, wherever. I'll always be there for you." I hugged her again.

There was a knock in the door.

"I'll get it." Brianna said walking to the door.

I just sat on the couch again when I heard voices.

"Hi are Hayes and Nash here?" Who could that be?

"Uh yeah come on in." Brianna said.

I looked up.

"Mary?" I asked.

"Hey" she smiled.

"Hi how've you been? Where's Holt?" I asked her.

"He's coming now. I've been good. Is that her?" She pointed at Brianna.

I kinda told everyone I had the best girlfriend in the world. And I mean EVERYONE.

I blushed. "Yeah. Brianna this is my cousin Mary, Mary that's my girlfriend Brianna." I smiled at her. She blushed.

"Hi. Nice to finally meet you considering Hayes never shuts up about you." She told Brianna.