Ch 40

A/N: Hey guys! I just wanted to say that this book in my opinion is going great with the reads. I'm so thankful for 3.3K so, I decided to write another fanfiction. It's a Hayes one😏 most of mine will be of Hayes. Cuz Hayes is love. Hayes is life🔥😂. So the new one will have an interesting plot. If any of you have seen the show Castle then you'll recognize the dad in the story and the last name. But you'll have to read to find out more about it. This one is called Secrets (Hayes Grier). But you can also go to my profile. Tell me wheat you guys think. One ch is up already. Thanks guys💙

*Brianna pov*

"They're...they're planning to release Peter."

Their eyes widened.

"What? He kidnapped you he has to be in for months at least!" Hayes screamed.

"A year." Noah corrected. He knew about our dad but he never kidnapped anyone. So we both knew how long you can serve.

"I have to go back to Florida to go to his hearing. If I say not to release him they'll put him in prison. If I say yes, he's out."

Hayes looked shocked.

"Dad!!" He yelled.

Chad came running over.

"What's wrong son?" He asked.

"Brianna has to go back to Florida." He looked down.

"Why?"

"They want me to make the decision if Peter gets put in prison for kidnapping me." I answered.

"Well when is it? We'll all go if you want." Chad said.

"I don't know. Brayden's coming over in an hour to talk about it." I looked down. Knowing Hayes would flip out.

"What?! Why is he coming over here? You said he's a douche." Surprisingly Noah said that.

"Okay 1, I'm surprised that came out of your mouth and not Hayes'. 2..." Hayes cut me off.

"If he didn't help her she wouldn't be here." He said quietly. He looked down as well.

"That's why she said let him go back in Florida" he continued.

I sighed. Hayes walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me, engulfing me in a hug.

"I'll go with you if you want okay?" He let me go and put his hands on my cheeks, stroking my right side with his thumb.

I nodded but still looked down. He lifted my chin up with two fingers, making me look into his eyes. He shot me a small smile. I gave a smaller one back.

He kissed my forehead and hugged me again. I'm honestly so scared right now. I'm gonna have to face him in court and basically say, "I want you in prison." He's gonna hate me for life now.

We talked about setting up how many tickets we need. Everyone wanted to go. They said they would speak if they had to. If they were allowed to go.

After a while we heard the doorbell ring. I got up to answer it.

It was Brayden. He was wearing a blue button up shirt and khakis.

"Hi." He said.

"Hey." I closed the door behind him and all the guy glared at him when he entered the kitchen.

Except for Hayes.

*Brayden pov*

I walk into Brianna's house and they all glare at me. I didn't even need to ask why. I'd been a jerk. I never wanted to do any of that stuff. The day Reed punched me in the nose for almost kissing Brianna, that was all Peter.