Ch 38

*Hayes pov*

I woke up at around noon. Brianna wasn't there. I went downstairs and asked everyone where she was. Noah was gone too. They said they didn't know where they were. I was getting worried. I ran upstairs and checked my phone. New message from Brianna.

From Babe😍😘: Hey babe. Sorry I just left. I had to handle something. Be home soon. Love you💙

I'm still a little worried about this. What if it was dangerous? What if she's hurt, or gone again? I was pacing around the room when I got another text from her.

From Babe😍😘: Btw, knowing you you're probably freaking out, but don't worry. Noah's with me and it has nothing to do with Brayden, Peter, or Alex. Be home in 10. I'll show you why I left when I get there.

Well that's good. I hope.

10 minutes later I heard the door open. I ran downstairs and saw Noah carrying a box and Brianna holding another. They both looked like they were crying.

I looked at them with a look of sympathy.

"You guys okay?" I asked them.

They looked at each other and shook their heads.

I took the box from Brianna's hands.

"I got it." I kissed her cheek and motioned them to follow me upstairs.

They did.

I set the box on the bed and so did Noah. They just stared at them then looked at each other. Noah hugged her.

She was crying a little in his chest. I looked at Noah as if saying, "I got this" and he nodded. He let go of Brianna and I my arms were wide open. She sniffled then walked into my arms.

She was now crying into my chest and I was rocking her back and forth.

"Shhh." I kept saying every few seconds. I rubbed her back and saw Noah open one of the boxes. I let go of Brianna but my arm was still around her.

We turned our attention to Noah and he sighed. He took out a book, a photo album to be exact. Brianna saw it and buried her face into my chest again.

Noah grabbed 2 other small ones and stuck them in the drawer.

"Hey. They're gone." I whispered. She looked up and wiped her tears.

Noah grabbed some stuff out of the box and one smaller box said, Noah Ryan Pearson. Another one said Brianna Marie Pearson.

Noah smiled at the box that had his name.

I looked inside. It was a golden bracelet that is too small to fit him now, a few baby pictures, a few letters, a big silver watch, and a notebook.

He looked at them kind of sad. He took out one picture of him and Brianna with Spencer and her parents. Spencer was a good lookin kid for a 16 year old. Noah turned the picture around. It had something written on it,

Spencer, 16. Brianna and Noah 12.

Noah had braces though.

"I got them off in February last year." He said almost like he was reading my mind. I nodded.

"The last picture we took with him." Brianna said kind of quiet. I hugged her tighter.

Noah skipped the baby pictures and took out the letters. One was from his dad, another was from Spencer, the rest were from...Shawn.

Brianna looked at the notebook.

"What's that?" She pointed at it.

"Huh? Uh...nothing. What's in your box?" Noah replied. Weird.