Ch 39

*Noah pov*

The next morning

I woke up bright and early this morning. I wanted to tell Brianna about yesterday with the letter, but I don't know how. So I texted a friend to help me.

To Jake Miller😎: Hey bro. Did u ever make a music video for ur song Steven?

From Jake Miller😎: Nope. It's pretty old so never did. Why?

To Jake Miller😎: Do you wanna make one😏 with me in it?

From Jake Miller😎: That'd be cool. But why this song?

To Jake Miller😎: Meet me at Starbucks around 11. I'll explain there.

From Jake Miller😎: Okay then. And that seems cool though. See u there✌️

So, whenever I hear the song Steven I think, that's how I feel.

He gets bullied, his friends turn on him, dad died in a car crash, brothers not around. That was me. Most of that song is basically my life. But I never cut, or got high, or took pills. I pushed through it.

So maybe this the best way to tell Brianna, through song. She'll see me acting and maybe figure it out. I know Hayes will. I showed him the journal entry I wrote a while back. I can trust him.

It's 10:45 right now so I quietly make my way out of the house and head to Starbucks on my skateboard. Me and Brianna both have longboards, penny boards, rip sticks, and skateboards. We don't ride longboards or rip sticks too much though.

I'm in Starbucks and I see Jake in line. I tap him on the shoulder and hugged him.

We both order something. He got a caramel frap and I got a java chip. We sat down at a table and star talking.

"So what's all this about?" He asked.

I sighed and took out my journal entry from my pocket. He scanned it for a while.

"Really?" He finished reading.

I nodded.

"Does Brianna know about this?"

I shook my head.

He looked surprised at first, but then caught on.

"So you wanna make this music video to tell her."

I nodded again.

"Almost the whole thing is my life. Bullied at school and on the way home, dad dies in a car crash, not too many friends but they turn on him, brothers not around. The only things about that song that aren't me is the suicide, the pills..." He cut me off.

"Let me see your wrists."

I rolled up my jack sleeves. Nothing.

He sighed in relief.

"Good. Thats not the answer man."

I nodded.

"And many people have situations like this. But they can't take it so they turn to the stuff Steven did in the song. It takes lots of strength not to do them. I'm proud of you bro." He smiled.

"Thanks. And yeah I wanna tell Brianna through this. She says songs always have a meaning. If I show her this then Hayes will figure it out since he knows. I told him last night. But knowing Brianna she would wonder why I wanted to do this, and look at my facial expressions while it's playing. Then she'll know." I looked down.