Ch 8: Lyric!

(Connor's POV)

I looked towards the direction of the voices as they seemed familiar, "Fine but don't forget I'll know where you are." A voice said right as I turned the corner with Andi behind me, I saw Preston standing protectively in front of a wolf pup that was looking up at him.

I heard the pup yap drawing Preston's attention to it, "What is it Lyric? You hungry?" Preston asked looking down at the pup while it looked around trying to find a way to respond, "Two yaps for no, one yap for yes." Preston said rolling his eyes while the pup decided to bite his pants leg.

I didn't speak from being stunned from Lyric being a pup again, I heard Lyric yap once right before sniffing the air and turning to look at me, "Connor." Preston said with no emotion, without looking at me.

"Andi." Preston said turning his head to looked at us, I saw that his eyes looked liked fire, "Preston." Andi said with a bit of fear, I heard Lyric whine at the negativity in the air, "Preston, I need help!" Lyric said right before she shook her head confused.

"What do you need help with?" Preston asked with no emotion, "I woke up in a cave that's near by, Prince Lachlan's dragon is trapped inside I need help getting him out!" Lyric said sadness laced in her voice.

"Lyric there's nothing I can do without my powers right now if anything I can only use what I have, I don't have my powers!" Preston said with guilt,  "What..." Lyric said looking towards the ground with her ears back.

"Even if I had my powers the only people who could help in this situation is Rob, Jerome, and Mitch." Preston said picking up Lyric who snuggled into his arm, "What do you mean you're able to pull off things that no one would expect." Lyric said looking up at Preston.

"no words." Preston said putting Lyric down before walking off towards building 1, "Lyric what he's saying is that we don't have control over our powers." I said looking down at Lyric while she was looking at where Preston went.

"I understand." Lyric said looking at me with her sky blue eyes, I thought my heart had skipped a beat as she wagged her tail, "We need to get inside, it feels like something dangerous is nearby." Andi said looking back towards the ally where we were at.

I looked towards the ally and got the feeling of something dangerous, then I saw it someone was leaning against a wall wearing a grey and black hoodie, black pants, and dark brown shoes, I looked at their eyes to see that they were a familiar yellow.

"Andi get Lyric and go to your room now." I demanded feeling uneasy by this person, then it hit me of who this was, 'Deserae' I thought looking straight into his eyes which held the same hatred that they held back then.

"What do you want Deserae" I demanded knowing that Andi and Lyric hasn't left yet, "And why should I tell you?" Deserae asked his voice cold as an ice sickle and had a mysterious yet evil tone to it.

"Considering that last time I saw your face you tried to kill me." I said flatly not letting any hate be heard in my voice, "Oh you should already know Connor, Since back then there was only one thing standing in my way of happiness." Deserae said smirking.

I looked at him studying him to see if I could see anything different about him, "You don't have to hurt Preston to get what you want Deserae." I said hating the fact that I knew exactly what he wanted but couldn't get, "There's no other way Connor it's either Preston or you." Deserae said.

I felt my heart drop in fear, 'I can't leave Preston again, he'll lose complete control over his powers if I leave!' I thought as I looked at Andi who was looking at Deserae with anger, "No one has to get hurt here Deserae." I tried to reason but he walked away laughing evilly.

"Oh that's what you think Connor but really the choice is yours, either you or Preston." Deserae said right before he disappeared into the shadows, "Who was that Connor?" Andi asked but I ignored her and looked to the ground.

Balling my hands into fists I knew exactly what he meant by having to choose, "Hey Earth to Connor what's up." Andi said waving her hand in front of me, "That was Deserae, he's one of Preston's old friends who quickly became his enemy." I explained to Andi while looking at the ally way.

"What did he mean by it's either you or Preston?" Lyric asked, looking down at her I couldn't tell her the truth of what he meant by that since she was never put into this situation, "Don't worry about it Lyric he meant nothing by it." I said making my voice have a calm tone to it.

"Okay." Lyric said yawning, "Take Lyric to your room Andi I would feel a lot better if she was with you instead of me." I told Andi right before digging into my pockets for something, "Here, this is so I can tell where you are at all times." I said giving Andi an amulet of a small light green gemstone.

"Thanks I'll keep it close." Andi said putting the amulet into her pocket, "Here Lyric." I said putting a amulet around Lyric's neck, looking at the amulet I saw it change to a purple with red and blue on opposite sides of the gemstone.

"Thanks!" Lyric said happily while looking at the gemstone, smiling I felt happy for a moment before sadness over came me, I quickly stood up and looked towards the ally way, 'bring it on Deserae.' I thought as I felt my powers pulse inside me like a pulse from my heart.

"Connor promise that you won't do anything stupid this time." Andi said from behind me, "I won't, but I will do what I have to."

Metal Tree Trunks and Wooden Machine Guns!