Ch 27: Different Friends?

(Preston's POV)

As we stood there waiting, watching, and fearing for what was going to happen next, suddenly the rocks fell revealing a group of people with weapons in their hands, "Put your hands up!" The people demanded almost surrounding us.

Without thinking I took a step forward and as soon as I did flames went straight towards the guards, making them back up almost instantly, grabbing Rob's hand I dragged him towards the tunnel and I went down multiple tunnels that lead to another way out.

In a few minutes of running we reached a dead end, "what are we doing here?" Rob asked quietly while I felt along the walls for something, the sound of the men's footsteps got closer and closer until they eventually passed and got quieter and quieter.

As I kept looking for a button on the wall I felt arms grab me by the waist and pull me close to who ever got me, looking up I saw that it was Rob, "let me go!" I said quietly trying to get him to let me go.

"No thanks I'm fine." Rob said holding me closer to him, pulling away from him I hit the button and dragged him with me through the door and into a hallway that lead to the night guild's base.

"did you know about this!" Rob asked as we walked down the hall, I could hear the door shut close as we walked "Yep." I answered calmly while still walking, "How long?" Rob asked, I looked at him and thought, "A long time." I said unspecific.

"Wow couldn't be at least a bit specific of your answer? " Rob asked looking at me, "Nope." I answered simply while we were nearing one of the rooms, turning left I could tell that Rob was confused at me knowing these hallways well.

"How do you know these hallways well?" Rob asked, "Memorized them back then." I said as I kept walking ahead of him, "How?" Rob asked, "they had symbols back then, they been taken out now I think." I said as I kept walking towards another room.

Looking around it didn't feel familiar but I knew exactly where to go but I felt like I was in danger, suddenly Leon walked out of the darkness in front of us, "Well if it isn't Preston." Leon said his voice filled with hate.

"Leon." I said my voice dangerously venomous with hate, "I can see that you have company with you." Leon taunted mentioning to Rob, "Cut to the chase Leon." I said challenging to him, "Fine lets say a leg for a leg, an arm for an arm, and an eye for an eye." Leon said right before disappearing.

Looking around I saw a female walking up to us from another tunnel, looking closer I almost didn't realize who it was until "Grace!" Rob said pushing past me and ran up to Grace, jealous I turned my back and leaned against a wall just watching them.

"Are you okay?" Rob asked Grace, "Yeah! I'm glad to see you again Rob!" Grace said looking at Rob her eyes filled with love, clenching my jaw I looked towards the ground away from them so that they couldn't see my eyes.

"Same here!" Rob said happily, "Lets get going we have to get out of here!" I said a bit angry and totally not jealous that Grace was here, I heard silence as we walked through the hallways, but as we neared the large room I saw someone standing in the middle of the room.

"Ethan I thought I told you to stay out of here until I gave you a map." I said walking up to him with Rob and Grace behind me whispering to each other, "Oh! Preston!" Ethan said jumping back from me apparently scaring him.

"Yeah sorry for disobeying!" Ethan said scratching the back of his neck, "You better have a good reason for being here." I said not paying attention to Rob and Grace, "I do!" Ethan said quickly getting off the platform and stood in front of me.

"So, what is it." I asked looking at him "I thought about this, but what if we met here, instead of you having to try and find me!" Ethan said raising his hands in the air like a kid, "Nice thinking, guess I hadn't thought of that." I said with enthusiasm.

"Yep I out smarted ya!" Ethan said his eyes full of happiness and excitement "I don't think ya did, kid." I said tauntingly, by know I could tell that Grace and Rob were watching us with confusement.

"Oh yeah!" Ethan challenged, "yeah!" I said even more tauntingly, "Okay then, what is two plus two!" Ethan taunted, thinking of what I could do, I gave him a simple answer of "Fish." I saw him look at me confused before laughing at the joke.

"You did that on purpose!" Ethan said between laughs, "Yep." I said smiling, "Well I guess I have to head out, if you want to see me and give me the map of this place you can find me at building 2, floor 4 room 72." Ethan said writing it down on a piece of paper.

"Okay will do I'll try to get that map to you as quick as I can!" I said right before turning towards the exit, "Wait!" Ethan said getting my attention, turning around I looked at him, "I forgot which way is out, can I follow you?" Ethan said looking at me with a questioning gaze.

"Sure lets just get out of here." I said walking off, I could hear the sound of Ethan's footsteps as he ran towards us to follow, "So what's been going on today?" Ethan asked looking at me happily, "Nothing other than being stuck on a building side and being saved." I said while I kept following the map that was stuck in my head.

"Wait what! You were stuck on a building side!" Ethan said with concern, "Yeah but it's nothing, trust me I been in worst situations." I said looking away from him, "Can you tell me about one of those situations!" Ethan said excitedly.

(Rob's POV) *Just a quick POV from Rob*

"Well one time I was....." Preston said the rest turning into a blur as I blocked them out, 'I hate this Ethan guy, thinks he can just take Preston from me.' I thought with anger as Preston was telling him about some random time.

'Why doesn't he open up to me when I ask him to tell me something...'

Metal Tree Trunks and Wooden Machine Guns!