Ch 48: Losing A Wolf

(Preston's POV)

'I just can't get a second to relax can't I' I thought as I got another cut from Ethan, kicking him away I saw his sword gleam with a dark red liquid dripping down to the ground, suddenly a large wave of water came from the lake.

Looking up at it I was swept off my feet as the wave crashed against me and Ethan, holding my breath I held onto the closest thing as hard as I could, as soon as the wave was gone I got up only to be met by Ethan trying to hit me again.

Blocking the attack I jumped back I knew that I was losing this fight "Why don't you just give up and just let me win!" Ethan taunted breathing heavily, I looked at him but I noticed that I was weak from pain and my breathing was heavy.

"Okay then go ahead strike at me end this all and walk off with the worst kill ever." I taunted knowing that I was in no place to be talking like that, I saw him glare at me, "I don't care I only care for justice and from what I heard you serve none!" Ethan yelled right as he swung his sword at me.

Closing my eyes and backing up I knew that I wouldn't be enough to dodge his blade but it never came, opening my eyes I saw the wolf that lived in the library at the dorms was laying on the ground with a sword through his chest.

"No!" I yelled running up to him to see that his breathing was slowing down quickly, "Please." I said quietly I could tell that Ethan was fine with killing the wolf instead of me just by him leaving me alone with the wolf.

"Preston....Don't forget me, my name is Dan...." Dan said looking at me with what strength he had left, "No conserve your strength.....I'll get you to a vet to get you looked at and you'll be okay!" I said quickly but I knew that it wasn't possible.

"No Preston.... It's my time, I'll tell Connor you said hi, keep going even if you don't have anyone beside you promise me that you'll stay strong." Dan said like he was giving a speech, "But what if I need you." I asked my heart felt like it being broken even more.

"The two things you need to know Preston is here and right around your neck." Dan said putting his paw right over my heart, putting my hand on my chest I felt my red wooden wolf hanging from a leather strap around my neck.

Letting Dan lay down I sat beside him as long as I could, but before half a minute could go by Dan was gone and his body was cold, and I just sat there looking across the lake, the noise of someone getting down from a tree took my attention.

Looking over I saw Lyric and Stampy walk over to me right before laying down beside me, taking a deep sigh I looked at the trees on the other side to see Rob standing there concern in his eyes, "Lets go." I said getting up and walked towards the trees.

I felt pain burn at my wounds as I kept walking but I was to stunned, sad, and dazed to feel a lot of the pain and could only feel a small portion of the many wounds that I had, "We should get you bandaged up." Stampy said taking the lead.

Following I could hear Lyric sniffing the air occasionally, I was starting to drift in and out of of my thoughts as I kept following Stampy, suddenly Stampy stopped next to a cliff, sitting down I felt the pain hit me hard when I sat down.

Sucking in a pained breath I saw Stampy and Lyric look at each other in worry, I saw them talk but since I was drifting in and out I couldn't tell what they were saying, pretty soon I fell into a restless sleep on the stone that was surprisingly smooth.

"Preston?" Rob's voice asked waking me up almost instantly, "He's awake!" Lyric said running up to me and started licking my arm, pushing myself up from the rock I shook my head to clear my vision.

"What happened?" I asked sitting up while Lyric put her head on my lap, "From what I know you passed out and Lyric came to get me and I found ya here asleep." Rob said sitting beside me, leaning against him I felt his warmth welcoming.

"Sorry for that wave of water I didn't think it would be that big." Rob said sincerely as he turned around and wrapped his arms around me, leaning more into Rob I enjoyed his hug, I heard Rob sigh before resting his head on mine.

I could tell that Stampy wasn't here and was off somewhere 'probably spying on Mitch and Jerome or something' I thought smiling, suddenly Rob started tickling me, "No!" I said twisting and turning and quickly jumped off the rock while startling a sleepy Lyric.

"I'm going into the small cave to take a nap." Lyric said sleepily while getting up and walked towards the cliff and into a small cave that didn't go that far, I saw Rob jump off the rock and tackle me to the ground.

"Stop!" I laughed as he ticked me, "Sorry but I'm gonna have to say no that that." Rob teased as he kept on tickling me, I felt his stop tickling me and sit back allowing me to get up, I looked into his eyes to see happiness in them along with love.

Smiling I hugged him and he hugged back, after a while we ended up sitting back on the rock looking at the stars, looking away from the stars I looked at Rob to see that he was looking down and looked troubled like he had to choose between two things.

Thinking I snuggled Rob and yawned tiredness starting to take a toll on me, I saw Rob smile before he lifted me up onto his lap and held me comfortingly, but something felt off, "Promise to not leave this time?" I asked snuggling even closer to Rob.

"I promise to never leave you alone." Rob said right before I passed out in his arms.

Metal Tree Trunks and Wooden Machine Guns.....