Ch 33: Saving Preston!

(Connor's POV)

Running towards Preston I felt a tug on my hoodie but I quickly ripped my hood out form the person's grasp and ran towards Preston, I didn't care about the silver sword nor the wolves I had to check on Preston weather or not anyone liked it.

"Connor!" Andi yelled right as I was almost near the spikes, jumping up I grabbed a hold of the spike and hauled myself up and jumped down and kept running towards Preston until I was near Preston and grabbed him.

Holding him close to me I saw the wolves getting closer and closer to me, looking around I could only see the sword and I knew that I couldn't take them on in my wolf form, grabbing the sword I felt my hand sting from the silver in the sword.

Pulling it out from the ground I saw all the spikes, lightning, flames, and vines go away almost instantly, with Preston limp in my arms I held the sword towards the wolves I could tell that his breathing was slowing down more and more by the second

I could feel tears threatening to spill but didn't because I held them back, and almost as instant as me pulling the sword out of the ground everyone else behind me were in shock at me holding the sword, my hand was burning yes but I couldn't let Preston die not after I made that promise.

"Aww is the weak Connor going to cry that his brother is dying?" The blue grey wolf taunted taking a step forwards, taking a step backwards I kept a firm hold on Preston to make sure that he didn't fall out of my grasp but that wouldn't help him I had to get him to the medic or even his room to give him a certain type of medicine that I gave him back then to save him.

"You know Ethan! I am not letting you win this fight!" I said saying Ethan's name out loud so that everyone could hear since I knew his voice well from over hearing the conversations that Preston and him had.

I saw shock run over his face along with Das, Phobus, and Azazel, "I know exactly who you are Ethan and trust me I am not someone to mess with especially when it comes down to Preston." I growled glaring at Ethan who only chuckled.

"Yeah and I'm a badger." Ethan said smirking like he was winning this fight, "Yes you because you can shapeshift into one, I seen you do it before Ethan I know exactly what you can shapeshift into." I said taking a step forwards towards him making him take a step back in fear.

"N-no you don't!" Ethan protested fear in his eyes and him movements told me that he was trying to be ready for an attack but wasn't, "Thing is Ethan you don't know any of us personally like you thought, you only know what we show you." I growled knowing that I had the upper hand.

I could feel Preston stirring but he was still to weak to fight or even walk, looking into Ethan's eyes I kept my glare and I could tell that he was getting more and more afraid, "Leave." I said sternly and all four of them left with their tails in between their legs.

"Are you okay?" Andi asked as I dropped the sword, I could feel the burning of my palm from the sword but only one thing mattered for me, and that was to get Preston to safety and to get rid of this poison.

Shifting into my wolf I quickly got Preston onto my back and ran into the woods straight towards the room buildings, I felt many things like rocks, thorns, and small sticks dig into my paws making me stumble but not fall since Preston's breathing was so slow that I could barely tell if the was alive or not.

As I kept running I could hear the yells of the others calling me back but I had to get Preston safe, I could feel Stampy running beside me keeping up with me easily, I looked around to see ghost wolves running with me, they were looking at me like they were waiting for something.

Suddenly the old rumor of the ghost wolves came back 'They're waiting for Preston to die!' I thought and without thinking I jumped over a large rock ducked under branches and dodged Leon, Ethan, Das, Phobus, and Azazel who looked at me shocked.

"I'm not letting you go!" I said sadly blinking away tears that were threatening to spill, I heard Preston groan as I dodged a large rock that I couldn't jump over, "Connor!" Rob's voice yelled from behind me, but I knew he was far away from me by how distant his voice sounded.

Pushing on I was soon running through two cliffs that were raised high above me, 'this wasn't here before!' I thought looking up at the cliff sides, "Let him go.." A ghostly voice said from somewhere, "LEAVE US!" Stampy hissed while keeping up to me.

As we kept running ghostly howls rang out into the night and the wolves kept saying "Let him go", "He's one of us!", and "He never cared!", but I wasn't going to leave Preston not like I had done back then.

Soon the lights of the school were visible, pushing on I could feel the pain in my paws start to burn but I didn't give up, by time I had broke out of the ravine Preston was coughing and was gasping for air but was failing.

"Stay in there brother please!" I yelled running down the slope towards the school 'just a couple more yards and you'll be okay!' I thought as I ran across the small woods that was left between me and the room buildings other than the road.

Sliding down a small hill I quickly ran across the road not even caring about cars, "It's okay, you'll be okay!.........Right?"

Metal Tree Trunks and Wooden Machine Guns!