Ch 26: Rob's Powers! + Sneak Peek

(Lachlan's POV)

Getting up I threw my alarm clock across my room in annoyance of it waking me up, I could tell that other people were getting up from all the noise that was going on from the others rooms, yawning I remembered that I threw my alarm clock at the wall.

Looking over I saw that it was shattered in a million pieces, "Oops." I said looking at the alarm clock, sighing I put on a new set of clothes and I grabbed my hoodie, but as soon as I put it on something fell out a small yellow wooden wolf, attached to a leather string was laying on my floor.

Picking it up I shoved it back into my pocket and made sure that I had everything I needed for the first day, especially my notebooks since I somehow forget them a lot back then. Walking out of the building I saw that everyone was up and were at different parts of the clearing talking in groups.

Walking towards everyone else I saw that Preston wasn't around, "Where's Preston?" I asked looking at everyone else. "He said he had business to do, but I don't trust him on that." Connor said looking towards the school building.

"Lets go find him then." I said going towards the building, as I entered I saw a flight of stairs but since I could shift I could smell Preston's scent on the stairs and rail of the stairs, "Up here guys." I said following the scent that lead all the way up to the tenth floor.

As I walked up there I couldn't help but think to myself, 'why is Preston always the center of attention?' I thought as we got up to the tenth floor, looking around I saw nothing until I saw Preston slide backwards from another hallway but he didn't look like he was okay.

Looking around the corner I saw Leon and Jolon standing there, Leon looked betrayed and Jolon just plain out looked mad, "I'm not letting you get away with killing Deserae Preston!" Jolon yelled right before running forwards and hit Preston with a stick.

I kept watching as Jolon kept pushing Preston back until Preston was near a window, "Preston watch out!" Connor yelled right before Jolon pushed Preston back making him break the window and fall through it with Jolon.

Running forwards I saw that Preston was no where near another window and Jolon was holding on to Preston by his foot, reaching down for Preston I saw him look up at me right before he fell a down a bit before he got another hold on the building, "We have to go down quick!" I said to Mitch and suddenly we were are the bottom.

Running out I looked up to see that Preston was still up high with Jolon clinging to his foot, but they didn't look like they had much time left before Preston would lose his grip on the hold he had.

I could hear gasps come from the other kids as they noticed what was going on, even some of them took out their phones and started recording the event, I could hear the rings of phones as they called someone, but I was focused on Preston and Jolon.

(Rob's POV)

As I watched Preston and Jolon I could feel the power of water flow past me, and as soon as Preston slipped sending them both down towards the ground I instantly raised my hand, and as soon as I did that water enveloped the bottom half of the twelve story building.

I could hear gasps from everyone that was behind me but the others just looked at me confused, keeping my attention on Preston and Jolon I saw them land in the water safely, but I still didn't feel safe.

As the water drained I saw Preston lay there looking up at the sky, but I couldn't handle the pressure of everyone staring at me and murmuring to each other, so turning around I quickly ran to the only place I knew the exact cave that Preston had lead me to, and it was the exact place that I fought Leon off and had to save Preston at the same time.