Ch 11: A nightmare

(Preston's POV)

As Rob sat down beside me I watched Lyric run off to find a good stick to play fetch with, "What's wrong Preston?" Rob said with sympathy and sadness in his voice, I felt nervous around him sometimes, yet I couldn't place what it was that I felt.

"I don't feel like I should tell you that." I said sighing and closed my eyes, "Okay, you can tell me when you want to, just don't forget that someone will always be by your side." Rob said pulling me in for a hug, I felt my face heat up as he put his head onto mine.

'Why do I feel like this....' I thought as I felt nervous of being hugged, "I found a stick!" Lyric yelled from one of the sidewalks in the park, I felt Rob let go of me and I watched Lyric run up to us with a large stick in her mouth.

"You good there?" I asked snickering at Lyric having a large stick, "yeah, Fetch?" Lyric asked looking at Rob who was standing up now, "Give me the stick." Rob said reaching out to grab the stick, but Lyric ran off turned around and pressed her chest close to the ground and wagged her tail.

"Lyric how can I throw the stick if you won't give it to me?!" Rob asked walking toward her, "Throw stick!" Lyric said excitedly but ran away every time Rob reached for the stick, I was laughing as Rob tried to get the stick from Lyric only to end up with Lyric some ways away.

"Oh yeah if you think you can do better then you try!" Rob teased as I wiped off tears from laughing "Lyric give me the stick." I said laughing, Lyric obediently brought the stick to me and dropped it near me.

Picking it up I saw her playfully growl as I held up the stick, looking over at Rob I smirked and threw the stick to him I saw him catch it and glare at me with fake anger, watching Rob throw the stick I saw Lyric chase after it times and times again as Rob kept throwing the stick.

I felt calm, and happy for a second until I saw Lyric plop onto the ground tired, snickering I saw Rob pick her up and bring her over towards me and sit down beside me, "Tired Lyric?" I asked petting her head, "yeah." she yawned right before soft snores could be heard from her.

I was watching the sky turn from blue to a sunset sky, looking to Rob I saw him smile as I looked at him, smiling I knew that I felt safe around him, looking past him I saw Leon looking towards us while holding a book in his hand.

Looking back towards Rob I hugged him, I heard Rob growl, looking around I saw Deserae standing some distance away from us while looking towards us, I felt uneasy again getting up I was glaring straight at Deserae who was smirking.

Suddenly a cold wind blew, looking behind me I saw Leon standing above Rob who was knocked out and had his foot on Lyric holding her down, I felt hands wrap around my neck, but thrusting my elbow back hard I heard a grunt from Deserae right before the hands went away.

Running forwards I punched Leon making him fall backwards and roll away to try to get away from me, standing protectively in front of Rob and Lyric I heard Lyric howl, listening closely I could tell that it was a howl for help.

Suddenly a flash of yellow went by me and tackled Leon to the ground and held him there, looking down I saw that it was Connor who was kicked off of Leon by Deserae, I felt something get stuck into my side, and before I knew it I heard Mitch yelling my name before I passed out falling to the ground.

(Lyric's POV)
As I watched Preston fall to the ground I saw something stuck in his side, growling I clambered up onto him and gripped the thing in my mouth, pulling the thing I managed to get it out, I saw that it had a metallic pointy end.

Dropping it to the ground I pawed at Preston trying to get him to wake up, "Preston!" Mitch yelled a second time while skidding to a stop next to Preston and Rob, I looked up towards where Connor was fighting Leon and Deserae.

I saw Jerome jump in and hit Leon to the ground, I nuzzled my nose into Preston's hoodie as I realized that his breathing was faltering, I felt hands pick me and pull me into a hug, opening my eyes I saw that it was Rob who was sitting up.

"Lyric are you okay?" I heard Preston say from next to Rob, right then and there I realized that that was a night mare, I breathing hard and I was frightened from the nightmare, nuzzling my nose into Preston's hoodie I whimpered as the memory of the nightmare kept haunting me.

"A nightmare I'm guessing?" Rob comforted as I kept whimpering, suddenly a cold breeze blew across my back, I quickly looked around to see Leon standing near the library with a book while he looked across the street to us.

Getting up I turned around and stood facing towards the direction that Leon was, I was growling and baring my teeth crouching I let myself slip into a defensive position, I was growling louder and louder each second that passed by until I couldn't growl louder.

Suddenly I could smell the scent of evil something that I smelled back then, before I knew it memories of the great battle from back then came back, I could see Preston laying on the ground with several shards around him, there were multiple spikes around.

I shook my head trying to clear the memories but I could see the broken trees that were in the field, the ancient weapons that we were suppose to fight with. Shaking my head I howled which I could instantly hear clicks like from a lock being unlocked. Then I knew something has been unleashed.

Metal Tree Trunks and Wooden Machine Guns!