Ch 34: People From the Past!

(Preston's POV)

As I stood in a pure white room several people stood in front of me, most I knew but there were only two people that I didn't know at all, "Preston." My dad said not even looking at me, I still felt anger burn inside me.

"Didn't seem like killing you was enough to get the message through you head." I said coldly while glaring at him, suddenly two young wolves a dusty brown wolf and a sandy colored wolf jumped one me with happiness.

"Preston!" Both of them yelled as they tackled me to the ground, "Dagger! Shawn!" I yelled hugging the two wolves, I saw them run around me while someone I had looked up to walked up to us, "Nathan?" I asked looking at him the old leader of the night guild looked just like he did when I first met him young and strong.

"You never failed me, and never will." Nathan said shaking my hand, I felt happiness over run me as I looked at the several people that surrounded me, yet something felt off "Preston..." someone said from behind me.

Turning around I saw Jay an old friend that protected me before I had even met Leon, "Jay..." I said staring into his red eyes, walking up to him old memories came back, my feet felt like stones weighing me down in deep water.

"It's nice to see that my sacrifice didn't go to waste!" Jay joked when I reached him, "Yeah..." I said looking down towards my feet, "Hey you promised that you won't let anyone bring you down! Keep it!" Jay said hope flared in his eyes.

"I will, I'll never break it." I said trying to sound happy but I knew that I had to let that exact promise go, I felt him wrap his arms around me before quickly pulling away, "Don't keep yourself in the darkness Preston stay in the light." Jay said as he faded away.

"Preston." A voice said from behind me, turning around I was greeted with a young warrior he was wearing a blue jacket and had blue eyes, "You look familiar but I don't know who you are." I said looking at the person.

"I'm your brother from back then Preston, I left for the four kingdoms, I started your prophecy but I didn't end it." the guy said not moving at all, "Wait....Ryan?" I asked looking at him confused I saw him nod before looking to the ground.

"You left Connor with our dad how could you!" I yelled anger rising as I remembered the story that Connor told me about Ryan leaving him with our dad, "I didn't mean to, I didn't know he would do what he did, and I certainly didn't know about the fire." Ryan said with guilt.

"Wait fire?" I asked looking at him confusement, "Yeah when I left the land I traveled to the four kingdoms there I got a message from home saying that the house burned down and the only survivors were Connor and dad." Ryan explained calmly but still full with guilt.

"That would be a reason why he turned out how he did." I stated looking at him still a bit angry with him, "Preston, it's not my job to tell you but we all been given second chances even me, but this time I'm a lot younger than you and Connor, so promise me this." Ryan said pleadingly.

"Depends what it is." I said crossing my arms, "Protect me please, the prophecy that you are living up to doesn't have an end, not yet at least." Ryan said looking me straight in the eye, Sighing I looked into his blue eyes to see hope, guilt, and sadness.

"I promise." I said at last I saw disbelief flood his gaze along with relief, "I might not be the best at protecting but I'll try." I said smiling at him comfortingly, I saw him smile before he faded off into nothing.

Sighing I waited for myself to wake up, "Preston." Another voice said from beside me, suddenly we were on a cliff looking out across the sea, "Yes." I said not turning to look at the person, "You have a lot on your shoulders yes?" The person asked.

"Yep." I said simply not wanting to go into detail, "Thought so." The person said flatly, "Let me just warn ya, your powers will activate when you need them the most." The person said scaring me a little.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked turning around to look at the person but they were gone, and a silver sword was laying in front of me, "The silver sword?" I asked confused at the sword being here.

"This sword is important, keep it close." The person's voice said echoing through the white room that I was now standing in, looking around I was trying to find the person but I couldn't see anyone, the only thing that I could know of the person was the echo of the voice.

Waking up with a start I felt the familiar feel of my bed, taking in a deep breath I felt like a mountain of rocks were put on top of me, "Preston!" Rob yelled pulling me into a bear hug, "Ahh!" I yelled as I was tackled into a hug.

"It worked you're back!" Connor yelled pulling me away from Rob and hugged me, I didn't speak all I could think about was that stupid sword that keep on appearing, "You sure he's okay?" Mitch asked I quickly looked at him to see worry in his eyes but he was standing next to Jerome.

"I'm....Back?" I asked shocked that I was back in my room, "Yeah I used an old cure from back then for that exact poison but I don't think that it was strong enough to get rid of the poison." Connor explained looking down.

"Anyways how do you feel Preston, you kind of just released a bunch of powers just to save us." Lachlan said from the corner that he sat in with Vikk next to him asleep, 'I ship it!' I thought as I looked around at them.

"I feel okay but things might have just gotten harder for us."

Metal Tree Trunks and Wooden Machine Guns!