Ch 29: Danger in the Forest.

(Connor's POV)

As I walked with Lyric by my side we were heading to a place I found it was a large cliff that was far away from the campus with a cave nearby, "So how far is this place exactly again?" Lyric asked annoyed at the long walk.

"It's just a couple more minutes of walking Lyric it won't kill ya." I said laughing as she complained about the journey, "Why couldn't it be a lot closer...." Lyric complained making me laugh even more, "It's your fault that you eat a lot!" I teased seeing her face go from being angry to being sad and hurt.

"Hey what's wrong pup?" I asked right before she bit my hind leg, yelping I leaped forwards and turned around landing in a playful pose, "Ow that hurts ya know!" I said with fake hate, "That's your fault for saying that I eat a lot." Lyric playfully growled right before sniffing the air.

"Can we hurry up and get to this place?" Lyric asked looking around right before tucking her tail between her legs, "Yeah it's right over here." I said walking towards the cliff and den with her right beside me again but this time her pelt was brushing mine as we walked.

I could feel her pressing up against me more and more as we kept walking towards the cliff until I couldn't help but ask her what was going on, "Lyric are you okay, it's not chilly out and you seem scared." I said looking down at her to see that she was glancing around scared her eyes full of fear.

"I-I think there's s-someone following us!" Lyric said her ears pulled back right as a loud roar sounded off from somewhere, "Quick follow me!" I yelled taking off in a random direction with Lyric who was trying her best to keep up.

Slowing down to her speed I looked at her, "Keep running forwards the cliff is just right ahead go behind the cliff and right there is where the den is stay hidden no matter what!" I yelled right before leaping into the air and skid on the ground which made me turn around and face who or what was following us.

Growling loudly I saw Lyric stop, "Go!" I yelled right before looking back at the monster that was chasing us, with my back fur rising I dug in my claws into the ground the best I could, baring my teeth I readied myself for a battle.

Then he walked though the bushes, Phobus, I could tell that it was him by his scent, "Phobus." I growled backing up only a bit, but I didn't let him gain much ground, "I see that you are still afraid of me Connor." Phobus said smirking.

"I'll never be afraid of you!" I growled while glaring at him, suddenly he shifted into a black wolf with red eyes, taking a step back I felt fear run though me as I noticed that two other wolves were nearby.

Sniffing the air I could tell that they were Das and Azazel, suddenly a tan wolf and a brown wolf jumped out of the bushes their eyes glued onto me, backing up I knew I had no chance against these three.

Suddenly a howl sounded off above me, and Lyric stood there her eyes held anger, as quick as lightning she jumped down and threw herself at the tan wolf which I could tell was Das, in a second she jumped back leaving him with multiple wounds on him.

"You won't get away with hurting Lyric and Connor!" Preston's voice rang out right before he jumped out of the bushes a silver sword in his hand, and almost instantly all three of them backed up with their tails in between their legs.

"Run!" Das's voice yelled out in pure terror as his tan wolf ran off into the bushes, the other two running after him stumbling over each other but managed to get out of here, looking at the sword I felt a great evil in it.

"Are you two okay?!" Preston said his eyes full of worry, "Thanks Preston." I said keeping my eye on the sword, "Lyric are you okay?" Preston asked looking towards Lyric, "Yeah." She answered her head low.

"Take it easy, okay." Preston said right as Rob and another person that I recognized as Ethan from the underground base ran though the bushes, "There you are! You took off fast!" Ethan said taking in deep breaths between each word.

"I had to or else these two wolves would have been harmed." Preston said turning to this Ethan guy, I saw him look at us with confusion, looking at Lyric I realized what Preston was doing he was keeping secrets from this guy, he was hiding the fact of me being a werewolf from him!

Barking I stood in front of Lyric and pretended to be just another wolf, I saw Rob look at me with relief as I caught onto their plan, "Rob take him back to campus while I check to see if these two wolves are okay." Preston said to Rob.

As Rob left with Ethan Preston turned to us and put a hand on my head, once we were sure that they were gone I shook off his hand "Thanks for catching on to the plan." Preston said putting the sword away from me.

"Why are you lying to him?" I asked looking up at Preston, "I don't fully trust him yet, he was a bit suspicious when I found him in the night guild base." Preston explained while looking off towards where they left.

"Okay but still if we lie we might drive him away from us and towards Leon's group." I said sitting down while Lyric was laying in the shade of the large cliff that was far away from everything even the lake.

"Still if we tell him he might tell law enforcement and get them on to our battle, which has already been done." Preston argued shocking me with the news of the law enforcement being on our war against Leon all ready.

Looking at Preston I could feel like something was off, suddenly he-

Metal Tree Trunks and Wooden Machine Guns!