Ch 44: Confrontation

(Connor's POV)

As I sat next to a tree with Lyric next to my I felt my phone buzz, picking it up off my lap I answered it, "Get to the lake now." Mitch said his voice quick and full of fear, "On my way." I said ending the call and shoved my phone into my pocket.

"Lyric wake up we need to get to the lake." I said while shaking her softly, I saw her wake up and instantly get up, running towards the lake I could tell that something was wrong, and soon enough as soon as we broke through the bushes I was that everyone else was there even Preston except for Andi, Matt, and Pete.

"What's going on?!" I asked as I half ran half slid down a hill toward them, I saw Preston stay silent as he glared at Leon, looking at Leon I saw that he didn't look a bit happy, "I'm here to tell you what Preston did last night." Leon said with anger and sadness.

"Oh yeah what did he do?" Rob taunted but kept near Preston, "He snuck into the medic and pulled the cord on Jolon, and not soon after I get a call from someone that Das, Hannah, Azazel and Grace died with the same large letter P on them." Leon said in almost a growl.

I heard gasps come from the others but Preston did nothing to protect himself, "Go on, if that's all you have to say then I might as well talk now." Preston countered while he kept glaring at Leon.

I could feel uneasiness radiate off the others, but I could tell that their trust in Preston was almost broken, "Okay since you won't keep talking, I was asleep in my dorm until I got this call to be here and I don't appreciate being woken up." Preston said calmly but even there was bit of unease.

"I didn't say when it happened." Leon said like he had just gotten what he wanted, "And I didn't say what I did yesterday or the day before that, besides you seem pretty angry so I assumed it happened in a span of a day." Preston countered bringing up a good point.

"You still didn't have to kill him." Leon said, "One I don't know who you are talking about, two I didn't do it, and three is that all that you have to say." Preston said flatly like he just wanted to get back in bed.

"Fine, I'm leaving." Leon said going into the woods, I could tell that the news that Grace was gone hit Rob pretty hard, "Does anyone know's what happened to Matt, Pete, and Andi?" I asked looking around for them.

"Someone pulled Andi's cord is what I got from a nurse and Matt and Pete we don't know." Mitch said turning to me, "What!" I said surprised but still hurt, "I'll try calling them." Vikk said pulling out his phone, I looked at Preston to see that he was looking at the ground in sadness.

"You okay?" I asked when I walked up to him, "I hope Pete and Matt are okay...." Preston said sadness clear in his voice, I could hear whispers from behind us as the others talked to each other.

"What do you think happened to Jolon?" I asked Preston, "All I know and can go off of is what Leon said, and like he said someone sneaked in and pulled the cord on him and that's all I can comprehend right now." Preston said still looking at the ground.

"Maybe you should go back to bed." I said to Preston, "Okay, just keep each other safe." Preston said turning to walk back, 'oh right he doesn't know we haven't told him' I thought as I turned to stop Preston.

"Hey Preston we forgot to tell you this but we made a rule to where no one goes anywhere alone." I said to Preston, "Fine by me, I just want to think all of this over." Preston said looking back at me, "Rob why don't you go with Preston." I said looking over at Rob.

"Sure why not." Rob said walking over to Preston and leading the way to the dorms, "Connor we wanted to speak with you." Mitch said looking at me, "Why?" I asked while Lyric did figure eights while going around my legs.

"Doesn't it seem odd that Preston said that he was sleeping yet he seemed sleepy?" Mitch asked, "Yeah you get that when you wake up." I said trying to be reasonal. "Yeah but have you seen him like that ever when he wakes up?" Mitch asked.

Thinking about it Preston was usually never tired when he woke up he was always full of energy and ready for anything, "No.." I said looking at Mitch, "Then do you think-"Mitch said being cut off "No! Preston wouldn't do that even after the night guild did he kill someone during the whole time with you guys!" I growled to them.

"No but at the final battle he did." Mitch said mentioning the final battle back then, "He didn't kill Leon, he spared him and died in the process!" I growled getting angry, I felt Lyric tug at my pants leg "Lets go you need to cool off to get a clear head." Lyric whimpered while looking at me.

Sighing I turned my back to them and followed Lyric, "I would never betray my brother even if he was wrong, or even if it cost my life!" I yelled to them right before I walked into the cover of the trees.

"You okay?" Lyric asked as she rubbed her head against my leg, "Yeah, just angry at them." I said to Lyric who kept rubbing her head against my leg, walking to a clear area I sat down next to a tree that was out in the open.

Leaning against the tree Lyric laid her head on my legs and looked up at me, petting her I almost instantly calmed down, looking towards the sky I tried to clear my thoughts but one question kept bothering me 'what if Preston actually did kill them?'

Metal Tree Trunks and Wooden Machine Guns!