Ch 57: Meeting Up

(Lyric's POV)

As we walked Sylvester stayed at my side as we followed Preston and Stampy who were taking up to the school that was destroyed by a large orb, "So where are we going again?" Zeno asked as he bounced up to Preston.

"You'll see." Preston said looking down at Zeno, "I'm Zeno, the one next to Lyric is Sylvester and the one next to me is Ace!" Zeno said happily while he looked up at Preston, "The name's Preston and it's good to meet you Zeno" Preston said to Zeno which made Zeno even more excitable.

"I'm confused is Preston your dad or your friend?" Sylvester asked, "It depends I trust him like a friend, and I feel connected to him like he's my parent." I said to Sylvester, "Seems complicated, I always referred to Leon as my dad." Sylvester said making me stop.

"Wait what?" I asked as I caught up to them, "You heard me he said he's my dad but I don't feel connected to him at all." Sylvester said looking at me, I looked into his silver eyes that held sympathy.

"I'm not for sure if I'm actually his kid but I was raised by him so to me he is." Sylvester said looking at me, "Lyric." Preston said getting my attention, "Yes Preston?" I asked speeding up to be walking by his side.

"What do you smell?" Preston asked as his wooden red wolf necklace was glowing, sniffing the air I could scent other animals like rabbits, deer, birds and foxes, but along with the scents of the animals I could smell a familiar scent.

Sniffing again I quickly recognized it as Mitch, Jerome, Lachlan, Vikk, and Rob. "I smell the others and some foxes nearby." I said looking up at Preston, "Good job the reason you smell them is because they are near." Preston said right as four foxes ran out of the bushes towards us.

"Hey Preston." Mitch said as he followed the foxes, "I see you found more wolves." Mitch said with a glare, I felt uneasy under his gaze, "Hey we're not just wolves-" Sylvester said right before I used my tail to shut him up.

"Cut it out Mitch, we both know you're just stalling so spit it out before the others get here." Preston said as I took a step back, "I know about you threatening your mythical beast when it told Rob about your plans." Mitch said still glaring.

"I know why do you think I did what I did, Jerome and Lachlan could see it to, I needed them to not believe in me so I gave them a reason not to." Preston challenged "And what's that suppose to mean?" Mitch asked

"It means something to everyone Mitch, to some it could mean that I could just lie again, to others it means that I can trust people to stop me." Preston said not taking his eyes off of Mitch, I could tell that the others were within earshot.

"Times up no more talking about this." I said and Preston instantly got rid of his gaze and looking to me and gave me a little nod, "Wait Preston?" Jerome asked looking at us, I glared at the four foxes that only nodded at me letting me know that they won't tell a soul.

"Hey Jerome." Preston said calmly, "Where have you been?" Rob asked, "I've been trying to find Lyric and Stampy for the past day." Preston said sending everyone else into confusion except for me and Stampy.

"I have no control over the time powers right now so it been a full day but it feels like only a few hours went by right?" Preston asked and they instantly knew what was wrong except Zeno, Ace and probably Sylvester.

"Wait wat?" Ace asked confused, "Mind telling who they are?" Rob asked looking at the three wolves that stood beside me, "I'm Zeno!" Zeno said bouncing up and down "I'm Ace, and don't hurt my brother." Ace growled to the others.

"Ace, Zeno calm down now." Sylvester said giving the to a glance before looking at me with unease, I looked at Rob who looked a bit heart broken, "I'm Sylvester, s-son of Leon." Sylvester said with his ears back.

I saw the others look at Sylvester judgingly, "We escaped thanks to Lyric, if anything I owe Lyric my life." Sylvester said looking at the others one at the time, I could tell that Ace was a bit uneasy since they were brothers.

Looking past Ace I could see that Zeno was crouched down as far as he could trying to seem small, "You sure they aren't trying to get everyone's weaknesses?" Lachlan asked while he looked at Sylvester.

"If we were here to do that then we wouldn't have put our trust in Lyric." Ace growled taking a few steps towards the others before Sylvester grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him back, "Why'd you do that!" Ace growled right before Sylvester stepped on Ace's head.

"You got a bit mouth even though you're younger than me." Sylvester said playfully growling, "And you act quite wise even though you're not that old." Ace countered getting up, I could tell that they were trying to lighten the mood.

Suddenly Zeno jumped forwards, "My tail!" Zeno yelled as he looked back at where he sat before, looking over I saw that the black fox was sitting there, "That hurt." Zeno whined as he glared at the fox.

"Not my fault blame Fang." The fox said looking at a red fox, "Hey! You're not suppose to do that!" Fang said to the black fox, "Can we please get somewhere safer?" Sylvester asked, sniffing the air I noticed the scent of Leon nearby.

I could tell that the foxes could smell it along with Ace, Sylvester and Stampy, growling lowly I dropped into a crouched and bared my teeth, "He's right Leon is close by." I growled not taking my eyes off the bushes.

"Lets go I know of a place where it's secretive." Preston said walking into the trees, following him we were soon lead to a large cliff face, "What are we going to do climb it?" Sylvester asked confused.

"No that would be stupid." Preston said right before pushing in a fake rock that revealed a door, "Lets get in before Leon gets here." Preston said looking at me, sniffing the air I could smell that Leon wasn't close to us but his scent was getting stronger and stronger.

"Lets get inside quick." Sylvester said right before dashing into the cave with Ace and Zeno behind him, The foxes were behind them along with the others and soon Preston, looking back towards the door I saw it shut close sending us into darkness.

"This way." Preston said right as Stampy started to glow giving us enough light to see, looking forwards I saw that Preston was already walking into the dark, "You all coming or what?" Preston asked looking back at us.

As we walked Sylvester was walking close to me, "How does Preston know where he's going?" Sylvester asked looking at me his eyes showing something that I had only seen in Jerome's eyes when he looks at Mitch, or when Lachlan looks at Vikk, even when Rob looks at Preston and vice versa.

Suddenly three dark figures in the appeared in the dark, leaping forwards, I stood in front of Preston growling loudly but Sylvester's words caught me off guard....

"Grey, Wren, Lynn!"

Metal Tree Trunks and Wooden Machine Guns!