Ch 19: Powers?

(Rob's POV)

As Preston leaped down to the ground from his cage he stood up and his eyes held anger, but Leon's eyes held amusement, 'what does Leon know that we don't?' I thought as Deserae passed by his mouth curled into a evil smirk.

Suddenly a spike appeared right where Preston was, but luckily Preston had jumped out of the way and he ran towards Leon right before skidding to a stop and ran the other way as a bolt of lighting was right behind him.

"Why isn't Preston using his powers?!" Jerome asked as we all watched Preston dodge the lightning bolt that was chasing him by jumping off a wall and over the bolt, I saw Preston glare at Leon but he still didn't use his powers.

'What is he waiting for!' I thought afraid for him, as soon as I thought that I saw vines surround Preston but he quickly dodged them all by jumping onto one and jumping to the next until they were all tangled up.

"That's the best you got?" Preston said panting but even I knew that he was getting tired really fast just by how many breaths it took him to steady his breathing, I watched as a wave of water towered above Preston.

I sat there, I couldn't do anything to help him but Preston seemed to know what do because he jumped sideways and ran to the side and completely dodged to wave, but he wasn't done he was running towards Leon.

As Leon summoned a vine Preston jumped onto the wall and jumped over Leon and the vine, as quick as lighting Preston turned around and kicked Leon down, I saw Preston look around and even the guards that would guard the door were backing up away from Preston.

Suddenly a line on the floor appeared that circled Preston, I saw Preston look at the line before light appeared right where the line was, looking back I saw that Deserae was smirking as Leon got back up his eyes gleaming as Preston just looked at him.

"I win." Leon said triumphantly as he looked at Preston who just shrugged, confusion was clear on their faces, I saw Preston yawn that would have made me fall for him all over again, but I noticed something Leon was looking down.

Right then I realized what Preston's plan was, as Preston ran forwards he punched Leon and quickly ran back to safety, "You don't predict if you win, you work for it." Preston said as Leon got back up and glared at him.

"But what about you predicting that you will win." Leon countered as Preston glanced over to us his eyes showing sympathy in them for a brief moment before going back to having hate in them, "Face it Preston the sign was clear." Leon said.

"You don't know what the sign was!" Connor yelled in a sudden burst of anger everyone flinched even Preston as Connor yelled, I looked into his eyes to see worry, guilt, sadness, and anger in his eyes.

"I know exactly what sign it was Connor, but I don't wish to hold that sign." Leon said his voice dangerous and venomous like he didn't like talking about whatever sign they were talking about.

"We met under the sign of the dragon Leon what do you expect, that we met under the sign of the Dove?" Preston said his voice also becoming dangerous but not venomous, right then and there it became clear of what they were talking about.

"Are they talking about the messengers traditions of meeting people?" Mitch asked, "They are." Vikk said his head hanging low as he looked at the ground, "How do you know?" Jerome asked speaking up after being quiet for so long.

"They are-" Vikk said before being cut off by Preston, "That name can never be said to anyone." Preston said his voice becoming more venomous than dangerous, "What are you to afraid of what will happen Preston, been a long time since I seen that." Leon said confusing me even more.

I looked at Connor and Vikk for answers but Connor seem concentrated on trying to get out to help Preston while Vikk refused to look up at the fight, suddenly an explosion blew up next to Preston and Leon.

Covering my eyes with my arms I heard a loud roar as multiple things fell down, I felt the cages fall down and hit the ground hard, since they were up high I was kind of glad that we were in cages, "Prince!" Lyric's voice rang out as another roar sounded off.

"Son of Fire quickly get on!" a deep voice sounded off in the dust, I listened closely as the flap of large wings blew away the dust, looking up I saw that my cage was holding up a peace of the ceiling that would have crushed me.

Looking around I could see that everyone else was buried underneath debris, but we could clearly hear Leon and everyone else, "Deserae, Das, Azazel, and Jolon go hunt down Preston now!" Leon demanded his voice echoing.

We all kept silent as everyone ran out but even after we kept out, I heard grunts from someone until the sound of the metal door on someone's cage opened with a creek, I pushed myself off the floor of the cage and looked around.

I started coughing as I breathed in the dust that was around the cages but I could tell that everyone else could get out except me, the door to my cage was blocked by another cage next to it.

Looking around I saw some of the bars of the cage had bent to where a dog could fit through them, "Rob where are you?" Vikk's voice said from somewhere in the dust, looking around I was trying to find another way out.

"Rob?" Mitch's voice said as I was concentrating on trying to get out of this cage, until suddenly I-

Metal Tree Trunks and Wooden Machine Guns!