Ch 20: Fight of the Dragons!

(Lachlan's POV)

As Vikk helped me open my cage I could hear the others getting out of their cages, "Thanks." I said as the door opened, but as soon as I said that I could hear coughing, from somewhere in the dust, "Rob where are you?" Vikk asked looking around.

Getting out of the cage I crouched to avoid getting hit in the head my the ceiling that was just right above the cages, "Rob?" Mitch's voice asked from my left, looking around I could hear the roar of another dragon nearby but it didn't sound like my prince dragon.

Crawling around I managed to find everyone else but Rob, I glanced around to see that Vikk was behind me looking towards the other way his eyes filled with worry, "We have to get out of here and try to help Preston." Connor said his voice filled with worry and sadness.

"We have to help Rob." I said protectively only just realizing my want to protect the others, suddenly the sound of bars bending sounded off around us, "We have to get out Lachlan, or else we might get crushed and won't have a chance." Connor said with a hint of anger.

"But what about Rob." I argued my voice had anger in it, "This is no time to fight, we have to help everyone we can before either Leon or Preston end up hurting someone in a fight!" Andi yelled scaring me and Connor.

Suddenly a flash of white went by us, looking over I saw a pure white wolf run by us, I saw it look back to reveal blue eyes, "Rob!" Lyric said running after the wolf with us crawling after them, as we kept crawling we found a passage in the rubble that lead straight out side.

Taking a breath of air as I fell onto the grass after I got through the exit of the little tunnel, looking around I saw Prince  up in the sky his wings were shining as he flapped them but I couldn't see Preston anywhere.

Suddenly Rob in his wolf form ran towards my Prince dragon, getting up I felt something appear in my pocket but I quickly ignored it as I followed Rob, as we got closer and closer to the prince dragon flying in the air, the ground was shaking more and more.

I looked up away from the ground to see Preston get blasted back, but he didn't fall he slid across the ground his shoes making marks in the ground by ripping up grass and dirt, looking into Preston's eyes I saw ambition, hatred, and anger.

I tried to look further but I couldn't see any other emotions, not even a hint of happiness as we showed up, or even realization that we were near the fight. Suddenly a pull on my hood almost choked me but I was hoisted up into the sky.

Looking up I saw my prince dragon flying up high, "Let me down I have to help!" I said to the dragon as we were flying up higher and higher, "Not without orders from Preston." My dragon said which made me mad.

"You're suppose to be my dragon, I was the one you chose, so why are you following Preston?" I said anger clear in my voice as he hovered in the air, "He has dragon as well, but I don't feel the same pull that I feel for Preston with you" he said looking down at me with the three heads.

"You know what fine, we'll fight." I said right before making him drop me, as I felt the air rush past me as I fell through the air, I quickly shifted into an electric dragon that had large wings, four large feet with sharp claws at the end of each toe.

Looking up towards my prince dragon who was diving through the air towards me, with a single flap of my wings I managed to dodge him and quickly fly up into the air, letting out a mighty roar that could have been heard from miles away.

Suddenly storm clouds covered the sun and started swirling right above me, flapping my wings I looked down to try and find my prince dragon but didn't see him anywhere, until claws dug into my back causing pain to flare up in my shoulders.

Turning around I tried to get him off but with no success, 'he's way to trained for me to fight in the air.' I thought as kept twisting and turning only managing to bite his tail, pulling his tail I felt the claws let go of my shoulders as I ripped him off of me.

Letting go of him I dived downwards hoping to get to the ground before he did, as I neared the ground I could see Preston and Leon fighting, except Preston didn't fight back he was more of dodging the attacks rather than fighting back.

Opening my wings I glided down and landed on the ground with a thud, another thud of a dragon landing on the ground was heard behind me, standing on two legs I reared up and roared as loud as I could fanning out my wings and swiped my tail across the ground to seem threatening to my Prince dragon.

"Lachlan?" Preston's voice said from behind me, but I was more concentrated on fighting my Prince dragon than Preston, flapping my wings I sent dust flying up into the air, I still stood on two legs.

Flapping up into the air I saw my Prince dragon fly up after me, but as quickly as lightning I gripped one of his wings in between my jaws and shook him, my teeth making rips and wounds in his wing.

Flying higher I kept shaking him until I heard a cry of pain come from him, but I could tell that the others were watching us fight, and with a final blow across his snout I kicked him off sending him down to the ground with a sickening crash.

Flying safely down I landed on the ground and shifted back, but suddenly-

Metal Tree Trunks and Wooden Machine Guns!